Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Horse Racing Betting Scandal Brewing

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Gallahers Cross finishes 4th and that my friends is why the Bookmakers didn't adjust their prices and as usual have made a hefty 45% profit..:shrug:

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
So - if you were genuinely "in the know", do you make your money on doubles on the first two, place a few false rumours about there being three winners coming which gets all the publicity, then lay the third one (which you don't expect to win) on exchanges and clear up there as well?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Gallahers Cross finishes 4th and that my friends is why the Bookmakers didn't adjust their prices and as usual have made a hefty 45% profit..:shrug:

They are f#cken "Con Artists". They come out and make these statements to get loads of people to hammer single bets on that last horse. Then sweep up all the money that they have been losing with Betting Shops being closed.

Loads of people would have hammered money on to that last horse thinking they were on to a sure thing . When all the while they were conned into being mugs lumping big money on a horse which is essentially a 33/1 shot.

That guy from Bet Victor should be " in the Dock " along with Donald Trump for spreading False Lies and Conspiracy Theories in order to con people out of money.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ta.

I hope it goes in. Nice to see the bookies get turned over now and again.

Characters and plotters appear to be rarer nowadays.

No, I actually hope they have to wait 16 months for a crown court trial for fraud, are found guilty and sentenced to 10 years in prison for conning thousands of pounds out of bookmakers (who have had it extremely tough for the last year). These 'characters' might stop and think what they've done - hopefully with a rope around their necks.

Vile cheats.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No, I actually hope they have to wait 16 months for a crown court trial for fraud, are found guilty and sentenced to 10 years in prison for conning thousands of pounds out of bookmakers (who have had it extremely tough for the last year). These 'characters' might stop and think what they've done - hopefully with a rope around their necks.

Vile cheats.
:lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

It was a bit uncalled for with the rope comment but I still hope they get sent down. Apologies to the mods and anyone else who may have been offended by that. With lockdown, I'm aware that comments like that are insensitive and brainless. Just frustrated with my health.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Vile cheats.

"Multi_millions "...it was , the VC ..PR man said so himself on TV !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It was a bit uncalled for with the rope comment but I still hope they get sent down. Apologies to the mods and anyone else who may have been offended by that. With lockdown, I'm aware that comments like that are insensitive and brainless. Just frustrated with my health.
Not offended in the slightest, but I don’t think the bookies will be getting much sympathy. I’m sure they’ll bounce back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here