Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrendous attack in Las Vegas

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There was no emotion in his speech earlier, could tell he was reading from a script as he stumbled on a word

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

And that he was gutted that it wasn't the murderer's girlfriend's estranged husband as earlier reported. I don't mind someone reading from a script but he sounds like he's permanently bullshitting.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No I get the point, but firearms are readily available there, if he hadn't got that one he absolutely would have got another equally as potent.

Fair point, and I agree, the fact that you can buy guns like guitars is frightening. To think how much training you have to go through over here in the Police to carry, let alone fire a gun, then average schmuck over there can buy an assault rifle.......

Madness

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
And that he was gutted that it wasn't the murderer's girlfriend's estranged husband as earlier reported. I don't mind someone reading from a script but he sounds like he's permanently bullshitting.
He's dead behind the eyes like most politicians

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm no Trump fan, but to say he needs to do what Obama did?

Hollow words and nothing to back them up.

I could go on TV and say nice things but then do FA.

I stand by what I wrote. The first message from the President should have been the press conference, not the tweet. And Obama DID try to do something. Sadly, the NRA made it impossible but compare and contrast Trump's press conference with this. I'm no fan of Obama but no bloody way are these just hollow words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFrWE8wKFNQ

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The alt-right are praying he's Antifa, the anti-Trump left that he's a Trump supporter. It's so sad to see so much political point-scoring when it's not even been 24 hours since.

I will add though that Trump is a disgrace to his office for the way he handles these situations. He was very slow to get anything out about it and when he did it came in the form of a tweet, it started with "warmest condolences" and ended in an exclamation mark. Maybe I'm being harsh here but there's no gravitas with that. He needs to do what Obama did - call a press conference, express his sadness and disgust, say that he will offer the emergency services all the help they need and when they know the full picture and moods are calmer to see what can lessons can be learned to prevent this ever happening again. It's not difficult.

Quite. It doesn't matter what people on a footy forum say, but when a president speaks, one expects some gravitas. However, to be fair to Trump (sorry if I just made you projectile splatter a mouthful of wine), we sometimes forget that massacres like this, carried out by citizens of the US, are not regarded by many (most?) in the US as important news (compared with, say, the threat of North Korea, the tide of illegal Mexicans, global Islam, and of course the Superbowl). Perhaps a weasel tweet is all that many (most?) Americans want or need :nono:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I stand by what I wrote. The first message from the President should have been the press conference, not the tweet. And Obama DID try to do something. Sadly, the NRA made it impossible but compare and contrast Trump's press conference with this. I'm no fan of Obama but no bloody way are these just hollow words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFrWE8wKFNQ

Lovely, but words mean nothing, many mass shootings happened on his watch and FA was done/changed.

I know liberals(I'm not tarring you with that's brush) like to think Obama was the 2nd coming of Jesus, but if you really drill down on his administrations, I mean look at the cold hard facts, without a left or right leaning, he really achieved nothing, infact race relations were left in a worse state.

Probably besides the point , but he really achieved nothing but still held in high esteem .

Probably cause everyone hates Trump, he gets a free pass.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The alt-right are praying he's Antifa, the anti-Trump left that he's a Trump supporter. It's so sad to see so much political point-scoring when it's not even been 24 hours since.

I will add though that Trump is a disgrace to his office for the way he handles these situations. He was very slow to get anything out about it and when he did it came in the form of a tweet, it started with "warmest condolences" and ended in an exclamation mark. Maybe I'm being harsh here but there's no gravitas with that. He needs to do what Obama did - call a press conference, express his sadness and disgust, say that he will offer the emergency services all the help they need and when they know the full picture and moods are calmer to see what can lessons can be learned to prevent this ever happening again. It's not difficult.

Spot on.

Trump (honestly) couldn't really give a shit about this latest catastrophe. Its quite obvious he is unaffected by this on a human level - he just deals in soundbites. He is a semi-literate buffoon, and I am literally agog at some of the pap he tweets. Tonight was just another lowlight, like one of those dimwit Facebook updates of you you-ok-hun variety.

Its terrifying that this man is in office. Terrifying.

Lovely, but words mean nothing, many mass shootings happened on his watch and FA was done/changed.

I know liberals(I'm not tarring you with that's brush) like to think Obama was the 2nd coming of Jesus, but if you really drill down on his administrations, I mean look at the cold hard facts, without a left or right leaning, he really achieved nothing, infact race relations were left in a worse state.

Probably besides the point , but he really achieved nothing but still kept in high esteem .

Words do mean something, especially when delivered with passion.

It's thoughts, prayers and changing your Facebook status that mean shit all.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the conspriacy wing of the internet seem a little confused by this. blame it on NK... blame it on anti facists... a hispanic gave warnings, authorities claim a lone gunman... but if its a setup, as is a given in such circles, its targeted country and western folk, so... oh, er, whowhat? actually seeing expressions of sadness and remorse.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Probably besides the point , but he really achieved nothing but still kept in high esteem .

I think you know me well enough on here to know I'm no bleeding heart liberal (and glad you pointed that out!). The discussion about the Obama legacy is for another time I guess I but I do think he was right to try to take on the NRA over gun control and as with a lot of things, it won't happen soon but it might one day happen and if it does then even though Obama wasn't able to change anything in his administration, he pushed the country in the right direction by making people start to think of the pros and cons seriously rather than their default 2nd Amendment position.

You say about Obama being treated in high esteem but even George Dubya is getting that now because of the clusterf*ck that is Trump's presidency.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Spot on.

Trump (honestly) couldn't really give a shit about this latest catastrophe. Its quite obvious he is unaffected by this on a human level - he just deals in soundbites. He is a semi-literate buffoon, and I am literally agog at some of the pap he tweets. Tonight was just another lowlight, like one of those dimwit Facebook updates of you you-ok-hun variety.

Its terrifying that this man is in office. Terrifying.

Are you ****ing serious? Love Trump or hate Trump are you saying the President of the US, who loves his country (regardless of left or right politics) doesn't care that nearly 60 people have been butchered?

You're a disgrace .

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Fair point, and I agree, the fact that you can buy guns like guitars is frightening. To think how much training you have to go through over here in the Police to carry, let alone fire a gun, then average schmuck over there can buy an assault rifle.......

Madness

This. Until they put something in place cutting drastically the amount off guns in circulationitsonly a matter of time to the next atrocity.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think you know me well enough on here to know I'm no bleeding heart liberal (and glad you pointed that out!). The discussion about the Obama legacy is for another time I guess I but I do think he was right to try to take on the NRA over gun control and as with a lot of things, it won't happen soon but it might one day happen and if it does then even though Obama wasn't able to change anything in his administration, he pushed the country in the right direction by making people start to think of the pros and cons seriously rather than their default 2nd Amendment position.

You say about Obama being treated in high esteem but even George Dubya is getting that now because of the clusterf*ck that is Trump's presidency.

Odd how time and history works.

Still hope for Tony Blair then :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's probably thinking of it this way, 50 odd dead is nothing compared to the millions soon to be wiped out by nuclear war.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you ****ing serious? Love Trump or hate Trump are you saying the President of the US, who loves his country (regardless of left or right politics) doesn't care that nearly 60 people have been butchered?

You're a disgrace .

Are YOU serious ? There's only 1 thing Trump loves, and thats DT.

If he REALLY gave a shit HE WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Lets see eh.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Are YOU serious ? There's only 1 thing Trump loves, and thats DT.

If he REALLY gave a shit HE WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Lets see eh.

Well I'm sure he's all ears. What do you want him to do? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I'm sure he's all ears. What do you want him to do? ???

Firstly, remove himself from the (highly lucrative) pocket of the NRA and go all-out to massively tighten up laws on all sales of firearms at a FEDERAL level - not state-by-state. That'd be a start.

Obviously there's already a gazillion guns already in the hands of Americans, but someone else posted somewhere that they should put a ban on selling bullets. Not a bad shout.

He has neither the will or the inclination though, so his hollow words and ridiculous tweets will amount to nothing.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This. Until they put something in place cutting drastically the amount off guns in circulationitsonly a matter of time to the next atrocity.

Did you know you can buy an M60, YES an effing M60 in Walmart in Texas!

So , that's like walking into ASDA over here and just buying this off the shelf with a loaf of bread :wozza:

m60e4.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Firstly, remove himself from the (highly lucrative) pocket of the NRA and go all-out to massively tighten up laws on all sales of firearms at a FEDERAL level - not state-by-state. That'd be a start.

Obviously there's already a gazillion guns already in the hands of Americans, but someone else posted somewhere that they should put a ban on selling bullets. Not a bad shout.

He has neither the will or the inclination though, so his hollow words and ridiculous tweets will amount to nothing.

mmmm, so like every other president that preceded him then,.

Good idea :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here