Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrendous attack in Las Vegas

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
An assault rifle has only one use, to go to war, you can't hunt with one, you don't use them for target shooting, the only reason to have them is to shoot people, so, why won't the Yanks ban them?
Every Senator and Congressman who has ever voted to allow these weapons has blood on their hands.
Although I agree with your last sentence, and feel strongly that they should be banned in the US, a friend of mine has ARs and does like target shooting with them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It will be very difficult to implement strict gun laws in the States, as with 300 million weapons in the publics hands, they are going to never get more than about 10% handed in, and that is probably optimistic.
The only way to significantly cut guns on the street, would be to severely regulate ammunition, cos a gun is pretty useless without bullets

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just seen a stat, 271 mass shootings so far in 2017. Two hundred and seventy one!
Wow, is that accurate? Presumably a lot of those are gang vs gang crime, and a mass shooting means how many people were shot (but not necessarily killed)?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's a shame our biggest allies are a country full of religious, gun wielding lunatics
Shirley America is the biggest terrorist going??
Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
bit of a side note but something I found interesting, gun sales in the US are down (sales at gun shows where its often easy to buy them) are down 50%. Obama was often referred to as the NRA's best friend due to the fear that he would stop the sale of them (so folk kept on buying them keeping sales very high). With Trump who is pro gun people aren't rushing to buy.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I still vividly remember Sandy Hook, I've never understood why that wasn't the moment to finally act on guns in America.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
This was the tweet
[tweet]914577120579465216[/tweet]

Judging by the group's wiki entry seems legit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Violence_Archive

According to comments under that tweet, mass shootings means 4+

cheers for the stats. Does this include suicide using a gun? It's often added in to these stats as technically it is a death involving a gun but not in the context of a mass shooting or intent to kill another through the use of a gun.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I still vividly remember Sandy Hook, I've never understood why that wasn't the moment to finally act on guns in America.
Exactly this - same with me, and I know a lot of others - as soon as you realise the US has pretty much accepted that shootings such as Sandy Hook will occur you realise that it may never change. Indeed, a number choose to try and rationalise it away as a hoax. I just don't get it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The state of Nevada has some of the most permissive gun laws in the US. It is legal to carry an assault rifle and there is no magazine capacity limit.

There are no purchase permits and blue cards are no longer required.

There is no waiting period mandated for firearm purchases and private gun sales are OK.

On my holibobs at present over here and was in Vegas last week left Yesterday foto LA, I wanted to buy a Bass Pro coat so went to the big outlet outdoor store there, big sign up at the main entrance asking "Please check your guns in prior to shopping"

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
An assault rifle has only one use, to go to war, you can't hunt with one, you don't use them for target shooting, the only reason to have them is to shoot people, so, why won't the Yanks ban them?
Every Senator and Congressman who has ever voted to allow these weapons has blood on their hands.

7be8bf15d7ad5acb31cca7c1fae19304--charlton-heston-gun-control.jpg

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/24910604166378736/

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Although I agree with your last sentence, and feel strongly that they should be banned in the US, a friend of mine has ARs and does like target shooting with them.

I understand target shooting, but how does that work with an AR? Just keep blasting? And why can't they be kept inside licensed clubs? You still wouldn't need to OWN it, just borrow it. I'm guessing your friend keeps his at home?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here