Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Homophobic Abuse Today

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Chutney ferret, Uphill Gardner, Pillow biter etc etc etc, there are umpteen euphemisms for buttering the wrong side of the toast. But it takes one contrived pejorative term like "Homophobia" to bring out all the virtue signallers like a self righteous rash.

Welcome to NSC, I do believe I am more morally pure than you.

saintquin

Apr 13, 2010
This may be just my own way of thinking but, I can't think of a word that that I would find offensive if it was directed at me.
It may be that I'm just content with who and what I am. Perhaps I would be offended if I wasn't.
Think it say's more the ones doing to be honest!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This may be just my own way of thinking but, I can't think of a word that that I would find offensive if it was directed at me.
It may be that I'm just content with who and what I am. Perhaps I would be offended if I wasn't.

Not even if someone called you a Man U fan?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It may be that I'm just content with who and what I am.
Are you from a minority group that faces a lot of prejudice?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Interesting. You are probably the first gay fan, on here, who is not bothered by the name calling.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Should the world revolve around minorities? Democracies don't.
So if we try to stop minorities facing discrimination and abuse, that suddenly means the world is revolving around them?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Should the world revolve around minorities? Democracies don't.

Berlin thought in a similar way just 80 years ago. .
Abuse dehumanises people. It demeans them so others stop caring. Two gay men were severely beaten up in Brighton a few months ago.
I've got a lot of time for Stokes who stood up for two gay men who were being abused & attacked, even though he went too far.

saintquin

Apr 13, 2010
Not even if someone called you a Man U fan?

I'd just smile because I know it's not true.

Are you from a minority group that faces a lot of prejudice?

Interesting. You are probably the first gay fan, on here, who is not bothered by the name calling.

No, neither but, being dyslexic and quite short I do get a fair bit stick and have been called a thick dwarf and similar or worse often.
One retort I find a little funny is, being thick and short means some of the insults I don't understand and the others go over my head!
Like I said I'm not very insecure!

No one deserves to be ridiculed for what they are. It's your human right to be respected for what you are until you loose that respect in my opinion!

saintquin

Apr 13, 2010
They cant read and they cant write
But that dont really matterrrrr
Because they are Southampton fans
And they all drive a tractorrrrrr

The old uns are the best

I'll finish that of for you!
I can plough and milk a cow
and drive a great big mower
but the thing that I like best
is being a strawberry grower!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And perhaps you should stop cherry picking comments!
This isn't cherry picking, this is your whole quote:
You're clearly missing the point about racial discrimination, homophobia and disability discrimination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here