Home form

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is geeky but I've been doing some research.

Generally over the past 7 seasons our away form has been pretty good and currentlt we are on a par with promotion seasons.

The average away wins during our promotion seasons since 2000/2001 is: 7.3 (7). At present we are on 6. Bearing in mind that I think we can win at Orient and Brentford, our total is a very promising 8 bagging 24 points on the way. Currently we are on 19 points for away days, 4 more than our present home record.

Our home form is, as everyone knows, well below par and is the single most factor as why we are languishing where we are now. It is currently on a par with our relegation seasons where the average stats are: W5.5(6) L10 D7. This season we are: W4 L7 D3.

Our average away form during the relegation seasons reads: W3.5(4) L12 D7.5(7)

The season we scraped just staying up in the Championship reads: H - W7 L9 D7 A - W6 L12 D5

Our cuurent away form reads: W6 L7 D1

Based on these facts and our contrasting form of the home and away record, I envisage a mid to top table finish for the season.

Our home form is the problem; why? Our crowds are fairly good at home, even if there is a slight drop in attendance, is it the Withdean factor? The pitch is widely recognised as on of the best in the lower leagues.

So what is it?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I must own up - the problem is me, I'm a jinx on our league form.
I've seen 7 home league games this season, and we've lost the lot :down:
Paradoxically , I've also seen all 5 of our home cup games and we've won them all :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports