Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hollister shop in churchill square mall

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
I've been in twice and it has been seriously crowded ..... first time i lost my husband in the dark and had to go round staring at everyone to find him again!...... second time i got 2 paces in to the shop and gave up.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Any shop that makes me queue outside to spend my money can f**k right off! Apart from very, very proper shops of course, which Holyshitter is not.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They're not sales Assistants in there; my 20 year old niece tells me they actually call them models!

Yep, those that i know working in there don't enjoy it very much at all. Say that they often come out feeling quite ill after a long shift because of the lack of light. You're made to pay for your uniform, and they have so many people on the shift rotas it takes you about 2 months to earn the money back from paying for it, then all of a sudden its a new season and you have to buy another uniform. You have to be perfectly clean shaven every shift (guys obviously :lol:), and tell girls what make-up/jewellery etc they can and can't wear. Oh, and don't get me started on that poppy incident.
Seems a lot of effort for £5 an hour.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Yep, those that i know working in there don't enjoy it very much at all. Say that they often come out feeling quite ill after a long shift because of the lack of light. You're made to pay for your uniform, and they have so many people on the shift rotas it takes you about 2 months to earn the money back from paying for it, then all of a sudden its a new season and you have to buy another uniform. You have to be perfectly clean shaven every shift (guys obviously :lol:), and tell girls what make-up/jewellery etc they can and can't wear. Oh, and don't get me started on that poppy incident.
Seems a lot of effort for £5 an hour.

They discriminate even more than i thought then as the girl I know who works for them(who is a model) gets more than that!

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Absolute load of shit. Infested by the same kind of brain dead morons as Jack Wills, £150 for a cardigan? f*** off!

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I went in there bought some jeans thinking they were a dark colour, paid for them walked outside and they were light blue!!! So hard to see, it must be what the underground miners must of felt like leaving their mine. Need to wear sunglasses from now on. Doctor said so LOL

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I f***ing HATE this shop, plastic hipster twats who wear things, do things, listen to thing all in an ironic way as if it makes them some how more talented than the wanky "media (i.e. they stick a f***ing gameboy around their neck and pass it off as iconic ironic media movements), they sit about at home drinking from cans of larger, smoking rollies on the dole and are willing to show off their indie work which actually, is the same as their friends. I really f***ing despise the clientèle that shop gets. With a f***ing passion. Hollister sums up everything wrong with my generation imo.

Pile of wank. I cannot get over how much i hate the dickheads who will spend hours hunting about trying to pick something "Nice" and end up looking the same anyway.

BUT WAIT - that's fine, because we're doing it ironically. NO YOU f***ing f*** WIT YOU ARE NOT YOU ARE JUST A f***ing SHEEP!!!

God i hate that place.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I f***ing HATE this shop, plastic hipster twats who wear things, do things, listen to thing all in an ironic way as if it makes them some how more talented than the wanky "media (i.e. they stick a f***ing gameboy around their neck and pass it off as iconic ironic media movements), they sit about at home drinking from cans of larger, smoking rollies on the dole and are willing to show off their indie work which actually, is the same as their friends. I really f***ing despise the clientèle that shop gets. With a f***ing passion. Hollister sums up everything wrong with my generation imo.

Pile of wank. I cannot get over how much i hate the dickheads who will spend hours hunting about trying to pick something "Nice" and end up looking the same anyway.

BUT WAIT - that's fine, because we're doing it ironically. NO YOU f***ing f*** WIT YOU ARE NOT YOU ARE JUST A f***ing SHEEP!!!

God i hate that place.

No fence sitting for you. :lol:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

God i hate that place.

I quite like their knitwear:p

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
I always wish the Albion had registered the seagull logo could have been a nice law suit against them...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Ha, NSC does make me smile sometimes! It's like a never ending loop of the same topics. The latest fashion always having a few people take a pop and label the people wearing it as something or another!

I first came across it when I went to America a couple of years ago and loads of people were wearing it. Naturally, having a seagull logo, it took my interest and when I found the shop I bought a fair few different tops as I'd never seen it in England before.

Went into the Churchill Sq one for a look and boy was it busy but it's newish at the moment so it'll die down after awhile. Wont buy anymore stuff as I got all mine in the States so have enough of it! I do like the quality though, the tops I have are very comfy and have lasted well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is that the shop I keep thinking is a themed restaurant and bar? (If it's the one I'm thinking of, I've not been in it, just the style of the doors and windows screams themed restaurant to me)

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester

God i hate that place.

this video sums up your post very accurately! (the gameboy necklace, smoking rollups and doll)

[yt]Xzocvh60xBU[/yt]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The idea you have to buy your own uniform is pretty bad company practice in my view, I think Easyjet adopt the same stance on this.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
this video sums up your post very accurately! (the gameboy necklace, smoking rollups and doll)

[yt]Xzocvh60xBU[/yt]

After a night out thank GOD some one got the references! :bowdown:

I f***ing HATE THEM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here