Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holland Vs England - ITV

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You appear to be joining the bunch of idiots on here who try to make something out of nothing. Most in this context is most that I spoke to or speak to as in the survey of products where they state 82% prefer product A to product B then in the small print it says of 75 people polled. Most is a generalisation and no claim to be most of the 25k crowd.

Oh the irony of you calling others idiots on this board. Come off it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How does that answer anything about what I wrote about arrests? I said there are lots of idiots & your video just proves that.

You said it was being reported in the gutter press and I said it's also on Twitter. I also showed another tweet with the brutality of the Dutch police laying into everyone and anyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who’s? The ones that got nicked last night it really wasn’t for the vast majority. Burnley & Blackburn kicked off with each other & then other knobheads started joining in when he police got involved who then charged back up an alley and nicked an innocent group stood on a bridge. I have the videos to prove that too.

I’m in no way sticking up for the behaviour of a minority who were wankers (like the ones throwing stuff in the videos) but he police operation was grocely unfair to those they nicked and also way too heavy handed, causing injury to many innocent.

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that every single time there’s trouble, no matter which country it’s in, those who get nicked always without fail claim they were innocently standing by.

I’ve been watching football for 40 years and have managed to stay out of trouble. Why can’t they?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I find it incredibly difficult to believe that every single time there’s trouble, no matter which country it’s in, those who get nicked always without fail claim they were innocently standing by.

I’ve been watching football for 40 years and have managed to stay out of trouble. Why can’t they?

Anyone with half a brain cell would stay as far away from these idiots as possible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Too many judgemental comments on here from those that weren’t there. If only it was as black and white as people on nsc seem to think :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Never said every time.. I was talking about last night and can assure you the large % of those nicked were just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time and in fact were where they were because they didn’t follow the trouble that had started near the bridge - then the police came back to pick off innocent by standers - 100%. If it adds any more weight an innocent American tourist was also held on the bridge - disgraceful policing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Too many judgemental comments on here from those that weren’t there. If only it was as black and white as people on nsc seem to think :lol:

The advice has been given so many times over the decades - find quieter bars or hotels to drink and avoid congregating with the huge pissed mob. It’s a shame that significant numbers within the mob can’t hold their drink, start to throw beer, objects, vandalise and abuse others. Yes, the overseas police do then over react with brutality. But using the brain cell to TAKE THE WELL KNOWN ADVICE will keep travellers out of any trouble.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone with half a brain cell would stay as far away from these idiots as possible.

Quite. The good news is that I very much doubt they’ll be as lairy in Russia.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or in Qatar.

Making frustrating tournaments for numbnuts.

Good point. I think it would actually be an amusing exercise to parachute a bunch of England’s finest knuckle-draggers into Qatar to see how they get on....I bet it will be utterly mind-****ing for them :lolol:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just scrap international football. It’s had it’s day and would solve a lot of problems as well as stopping this ‘minority’ of moronic England fans travelling abroad.

We wouldn’t have to worry about:

Russia, Quatar, winter World Cups, FIFA, rigged tournament votes, incredibly dull international breaks and matches, criminally expensive kits, fixture congestion, tired players for their clubs after tournaments, the next England manager scandal or character assassination, how crap England are, winter breaks, flags in cars, and these English fans who are stuck in the past singing about the IRA, 2 world wars and our embarassing 1 world cup.

Don’t know why it’s not been scrapped already, it seems out of touch in the modern world where leagues are all multi-national now and it seems to bring far more trouble than enjoyment. Most fans I talk to of different clubs don’t give a toss about it, put club very much first and find international football an irritant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good point. I think it would actually be an amusing exercise to parachute a bunch of England’s finest knuckle-draggers into Qatar to see how they get on....I bet it will be utterly mind-****ing for them :lolol:

The possibility of years in the Doha ‘Hilton’ awaiting clemency from the Emir, should focus the limited grey matter.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You’re not aware what happened tbf and to label those that got arrested (many totally innocent) as ‘fans’ or morons isn’t fair. There were a lot of idiots over here without doubt but also some disgusting heavy handed policing. Oh well, everyone will believe what they read in the gutter press I suppose.

BBC? Gutter press? How many of the arrests did you actually witness? I honestly think that for anyone to go to a foreign country, drink all day as part of a large crowd seems to be perfectly OK for Scots, Irish and many other countries and seems to be good natured but when English fans do it, there seems to be trouble. Maybe that's why I am so often ashamed to be English when abroad.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And amongst all that just one fortunate semi final.

I still loved the players, play and the managers. Great memories, you can’t take away:

Teams can still have a great tournament, even if they don’t win it.

Gazza, Shilton, Butcher, Beardsley, Pearce, Lineker, P.Neville, Shearer etc etc, were all exceptional players, and Robson / Venables didn’t screw up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here