Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoddle ready to return

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Got this from BBCi:

Sacked Spurs boss Glenn Hoddle is determined to prove his previous employers wrong by getting back into management.
Tottenham sacked Hoddle last month after a string of poor results which saw his side pick up just four points from their first six games.

But he believes he still has plenty to offer and insisted: "I'm ready for my next challenge.

"Losing my job happened very early in the season and I still feel vibrant."

Although Hoddle took almost a year out after losing his job as England coach in February 1999, he is upbeat and raring to go this time.

"I feel up for the next challenge and I know I can take a wealth of experience into whichever position I move on to."

"At Swindon I took a team up to the top flight with no money, then at Chelsea I started the rebuilding process working with worse facilities than I had at Swindon."

"I'm bored stiff already. I've played a bit of golf and watched TV and John Gorman has asked me over to Wycombe to do a bit of training with them," he added.

"But I want to work. I feel there's unfinished business. I'm 46 years of age and I want a job."

Sounds like he's after a job at any level - could he be looking at Div 2, what do you reckon?

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Hmmmm.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Leyton Orient will have a vacancy in the Conference soon but I'm not sure he's good enough for them.

Ace Grace

Oct 16, 2003
Worthing
Sorry my post was meant in jest.

Seriously, I don't like his style. If a player falls out with him he may as well ask for a transfer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't touch Goddle with a shitty stick. The bloke is so far up himself its tragic.

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
It's ok Ace - my hmmm was in agreement with you.

I think he's a good tactician but he's got no man-management skills whatsoever!

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A lot of comparisons to Peter Taylor don't you think?

I wouldn't be suprised if Dick appointed Hoddle. I think we would get promoted too. Although I think a number of manager's could take us up.

As for getting on the wrong side of him.. a bit like Mr Adams then. He got shot of players if they stepped out of line.

Not my number one choice but we could do worse.

Squiffy

Jul 11, 2003
Loser as a player (yeah, yeah "great player" but show me de medals!) loser as a manager. Career "highlight" in club management is "Swindon" - and that thru a play-off. With a smaller club he can be the big fish in the small pond he's happy to play. Difference at a Prem' club is a player knows he's good enough and would invariably get another club. Lower down the food chain - especially these days - a player is just happy to have a contract and can be in "awe" of Glenda. John Gorman is at Wycombe not, we notice, at Barcelona. Hoddle = :jester:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
John Gorman is at Wycombe not, we notice, at Barcelona.

it os gormans first job alone, not many peoples first management job is at barca is it?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Gorman's first job alone was Swindon when Hoddle left and went to Chelsea

Hoddle to the end of the season would also do - he could hardly claim not to know what Withdean is like as he has been there enough times to watch Zamora

Can't see Hoddle signing for anything other than to the end of the season

Good thing - like Taylor - would be that he has a point to prove after being sacked in the Premiership after 6 games - but by about April would be thinking "I am better than this" and would be likely to clear off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here