Hoax nurse found dead

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And if she hadn't blabbed like she was chatting to her aunt she'd still be alive.

All that she proved was that she was fallible, as indeed we all are in different ways. A nurse, probably not trained or confident in screening and handling hoax calls, mindful of pleasing members of the Royal Family, and who (if as some reports indicate) spoke English as an additional language, did the best that she could do in the circumstances she was in.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm not saying it is the radio presenters fault that this lady decided to kill herself. All i'm say is, if there was no radio call, she would still be alive.

You cannot possibly say that with the slightest bit of certainty. This is why I have such a problem with the way it's being reported and the way everyone jumps to conclusions.

Nobody has thought to ask what else was going on in this woman's life at the time. For all we know she'd been considering suicide for months and the phone call was just a coincidence. She wasn't named in the press before she topped herself and thinking about it, it's only circumstantial evidence to suggest that the phone call had any bearing on her actions whatsoever.

Trigaaaar made a very good point earlier in the thread - suppose the phone call never happened and she had an argument at a bus stop, or a traffic warden gave her a parking ticket which was just enough to push her over the edge. Would everyone be slating the traffic warden in the press?

If that phone call was the ultimate cause of her suicide, I'd suggest that had it not happened she's so mentally unstable that something else would've got her sooner or later.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You cannot possibly say that with the slightest bit of certainty. This is why I have such a problem with the way it's being reported and the way everyone jumps to conclusions.

Nobody has thought to ask what else was going on in this woman's life at the time. For all we know she'd been considering suicide for months and the phone call was just a coincidence. She wasn't named in the press before she topped herself and thinking about it, it's only circumstantial evidence to suggest that the phone call had any bearing on her actions whatsoever.

Trigaaaar made a very good point earlier in the thread - suppose the phone call never happened and she had an argument at a bus stop, or a traffic warden gave her a parking ticket which was just enough to push her over the edge. Would everyone be slating the traffic warden in the press?

If that phone call was the ultimate cause of her suicide, I'd suggest that had it not happened she's so mentally unstable that something else would've got her sooner or later.

It's true that if people are having a tough time of things, many otherwise inconsequential things can act as a trigger. Nevertheless, surely not having any knowledge of the emotional resilience of a hoax victim, and having no knowledge whether someone is going through a difficult period in their life, are very good reasons for not making an innocent nurse a victim of a hoax in her workplace, besides the usual ones around treating people decently?

Also, in the radio industry's code of practice in Australia, there is a privacy clause: "In the preparation and presentation of current affairs programs a licensee must ensure it does not use material relating to a person's personal or private affairs, or which invades an individual's privacy, unless there is a public interest in broadcasting such information."

Surely the lawyers listening to the recording before allowing it to be broadcast ought to have used that as another reason for not allowing on air?

The question is not about whether to allow a hoax ever to take place again (which is what the station seems to want the discussion to be about), but how to act responsibly.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Unbelievably, Sky News just interviewed the nurse's driving instructor. What on EARTH was that about? Ridiculous coverage.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Unbelievably, Sky News just interviewed the nurse's driving instructor. What on EARTH was that about? Ridiculous coverage.

Maybe getting a parking ticket was the trigger, after all...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe getting a parking ticket was the trigger, after all...

Unconfirmed at this stage, like everything else. Doesn't stop them nattering on about stuff though! What really got me, was that the driving instructor placed his training car behind him so you could get a little look at his advertising. In all seriousness, it's that kind of thing which really annoys me. It's a serious story which they are almost trivialising with such stupid coverage.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Royals have obviously ordered for her killing. Too extreme to think a women married with 2 children would kill herself over a prank (pre-recorded call). It's not like she hurt anyone. The prank didn't have a nasty agenda. The only thing which f***ed up was the Royal inside information getting released to the public. Clearly they didn't want us knowing about this and now the nurse who gave out the info has randomly killed herself!?
Don't be shocked when you all find out what the Royal family really are. Attack me for suggesting the Royals may be the culprits for the nurses death, but why are the Djs and Nurse the only ones involved in this case? Like I said, it only f***ed things up for the Royals, maybe it was their reaction to the prank which caused the 'suicide'?

:lolol: :lolol:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
And if she hadn't blabbed like she was chatting to her aunt she'd still be alive.

She didn't say anything, the nurse that gave out all the info is still alive. The nurse who was treating Kate Middleton has been killed. Not the hoax call victim.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

And still no one thinks anything strange might be going which the media wont mention? And I'm the one with an impaired brain, Jesus!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
It's true that if people are having a tough time of things, many otherwise inconsequential things can act as a trigger. Nevertheless, surely not having any knowledge of the emotional resilience of a hoax victim, and having no knowledge whether someone is going through a difficult period in their life, are very good reasons for not making an innocent nurse a victim of a hoax in her workplace, besides the usual ones around treating people decently?

Also, in the radio industry's code of practice in Australia, there is a privacy clause: "In the preparation and presentation of current affairs programs a licensee must ensure it does not use material relating to a person's personal or private affairs, or which invades an individual's privacy, unless there is a public interest in broadcasting such information."

Surely the lawyers listening to the recording before allowing it to be broadcast ought to have used that as another reason for not allowing on air?

The question is not about whether to allow a hoax ever to take place again (which is what the station seems to want the discussion to be about), but how to act responsibly.

Jesus Christ! She wasn't the Hoax call victim, that nurse is still alive! Does anyone even realise that it was a different nurse? The nurse now dead passed through the call without any info getting passed. What the dead nurse is more recognised for than the hoax victim is she was the one actually treating Kate Middleton. No real reason to think she was feeling suicidal.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
She didn't say anything, the nurse that gave out all the info is still alive. The nurse who was treating Kate Middleton has been killed. Not the hoax call victim.

If she was the nurse treating Kate Middleton, why did she hand over the phone for someone else to give out the info; she would have been in a much better position to do it? It doesn't make sense. It must involve the secret sub-sect of the illuminati who created the global warming myth in a vain attempt to live up to their parents' achievement of faking a moon landing.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Unconfirmed at this stage, like everything else. Doesn't stop them nattering on about stuff though! What really got me, was that the driving instructor placed his training car behind him so you could get a little look at his advertising. In all seriousness, it's that kind of thing which really annoys me. It's a serious story which they are almost trivialising with such stupid coverage.

obvious signs the media is swaying are attention away from something more important. Who controls our media? You do know Max Clifford has a lot of dirt on people, he's currently on suspicion of child abuse which he admits to covering up for others. I reckon the Royals are shitting it now all their close chums (Saville, Cyril Smith, Staurt Hall etc) are getting caught. Only a matter of time till we realise why the media are focusing so much attention on a suicide which has nothing to do with these murdering Djs and driving instructors but actually raises the question of 'that don't make sense'.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If she was the nurse treating Kate Middleton, why did she hand over the phone for someone else to give out the info;.

There was no receptionist (read the story) so she picked it up and passed it through, that was it. Why the f*** would that make you kill yourself? Bloody hell if it did, then someone please help the hoax call victim, she the one still alive!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
There was no receptionist (read the story) so she picked it up and passed it through, that was it.

Yes I get that. There was no receptionist, so she answered the phone.

But why pass it on, why not give the info out herself without handing the phone over to a different nurse? If she was treating Kate, she was in a far better position to give out the information than the other nurse that she handed it to.

It simply doesn't make sense. The other nurse must have been a psychic lizard.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Jesus Christ! She wasn't the Hoax call victim, that nurse is still alive! Does anyone even realise that it was a different nurse? The nurse now dead passed through the call without any info getting passed. What the dead nurse is more recognised for than the hoax victim is she was the one actually treating Kate Middleton. No real reason to think she was feeling suicidal.

Of course she was a hoax victim. She was the one who took the call. She was duped into transferring the call.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Of course she was a hoax victim. She was the one who took the call. She was duped into transferring the call.

That's ridiculous! She didn't give anything anyway on the phone. She picked the phone up and passed it on, why is she a hoax victim? What part of the hoax did she f*** up on other than pressing a button, what did she say to the Djs which made her a victim?
If she's the victim then so is the phone line company for not getting the Royals a secure line or the security for not getting to the call first, after all, they have been surrounded by a lot of pedophiles of recent. You'd think they'd up her security?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Nevertheless, surely not having any knowledge of the emotional resilience of a hoax victim, and having no knowledge whether someone is going through a difficult period in their life, are very good reasons for not making an innocent nurse a victim of a hoax in her workplace, besides the usual ones around treating people decently? .

I disagree, although it is a very subjective matter and I'm sure everyone will have different views on it. I won't argue with anyone who thinks it was wrong to do it in the first place. My gripe is purely with the media reaction and the way it has been reported.

For me pranks, jokes and wind-ups are all part of human life and a big part of our interaction with each other. There have been countless TV shows based around playing pranks on the unsuspecting public. Beadles About was massive when I was growing up, and some of the Japanese prank shows are properly extreme.

The problem is that some people get it and some people don't, you can't vet everyone beforehand to see if they are a suicide risk though, this situation is just a massively unfortunate coincidence.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Yes I get that. There was no receptionist, so she answered the phone.

But why pass it on, why not give the info out herself without handing the phone over to a different nurse? If she was treating Kate, she was in a far better position to give out the information than the other nurse that she handed it to.

It simply doesn't make sense.

Exactly. If things don't make sense, there's a reason why. Funny how her death isn't being treated as suspicious but yet no one can make sense of the story, most people still think it's the hoax victim who killed herself at work!

The fact she was treating Kate Middleton and didn't give any info away on a hoax to another Nurse, sort of suggests something has happened which we aren't finding out.

That's ridiculous! She didn't give anything anyway on the phone. She picked the phone up and passed it on, why is she a hoax victim? What part of the hoax did she f*** up on other than pressing a button, what did she say to the Djs which made her a victim?
If she's the victim then so is the phone line company for not getting the Royals a secure line or the security for not getting to the call first, after all, they have been surrounded by a lot of pedophiles of recent. You'd think they'd up her security?

After the last couple of days when you have "Exposed" Price Andrew as a paedophile, along with others in the Royal Family, and are now claiming the Royal family have somehow ordered the killing of this nurse, if I was you I'd be worried, I think you may be next.

Hopefully.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Exactly. If things don't make sense, there's a reason why.

The fact she was treating Kate Middleton and didn't give any info away on a hoax to another Nurse, sort of suggests something has happened which we aren't finding out.

:facepalm:

Selective quoting makes you look as much of a fool as anything else you write. I also like the way you've completely ignored the possibility she wasn't treating Kate Middleton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports