Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoax nurse found dead

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What really confuses me, and I really do mean confuses me, is why if he/she has all this infomation regarding these conpiracy's and how we are all being duped by our overlords, why it's chosen a BHA forum to reveal it on, Surely there are other forums with like minded people on?

I do feel I have been a bit harsh on him really I just don't think it's on to label people murderers and paedophiles, if you accused a normal person of that it would be bang out of order and I don't see the difference with the Royals etc. I think it's a bit insulting also to claim a lady who was clearly in some distress, enough to end her own life, was murdered with no grounds at all. The alen/illuminati thing is fair enough if that's what he believes but this is abit beyond really. Anyway, I think it's pub O'clock. Be dangerous, it's safe out there...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As putting the nurse live to air revealing private information could easily have led to her dismissal, it is inconceivable that the DJs have not been dismissed as yet, as they have not had the balls to resign

Or should they be applauded for exposing the woeful security systems in place at the hospital and leaks within the royal families underlings?

If you give out sensitive information without following protocol and confirmation of identities then those who implement the system and who operate it do need to face examination and scrutiny.

Exposing stupid people or flawed systems shouldn't be a crime, it's a public service.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Or should they be applauded for exposing the woeful security systems in place at the hospital and leaks within the royal families underlings?

If you give out sensitive information without following protocol and confirmation of identities then those who implement the system and who operate it do need to face examination and scrutiny.

Exposing stupid people or flawed systems shouldn't be a crime, it's a public service.

Clever. However, that public interest defence (acceptable within the code of practice that governs the station's licence) is highly unlikely to work considering the fact the presenters have been clear as to what their motives were. In addition, any genuine attempt to flag up insecurities in order to protect medical information of patients would not then reveal said medical information over the air.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Well I've read some nonsense on here....

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Clever. However, that public interest defence (acceptable within the code of practice that governs the station's licence) is highly unlikely to work considering the fact the presenters have been clear as to what their motives were. In addition, any genuine attempt to flag up insecurities in order to protect medical information of patients would not then reveal said medical information over the air.

They were clear about their motives because it was two Australians putting on bad English accents pretending to be the Queen of England.

The "they should be applauded" part was tongue in cheek.

In the end though they did expose a woeful security system and a one stupid woman(the nurse who gave out the information).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
They were clear about their motives because it was two Australians putting on bad English accents pretending to be the Queen of England.

The "they should be applauded" part was tongue in cheek.

In the end though they did expose a woeful security system and a one stupid woman(the nurse who gave out the information).

The woman was not stupid, although she may have believed herself to be afterwards. She was a hard-working nurse who was trying her best to speedily serve someone she thought was a nationally important figure. She answered the phone at 5am because there was no receptionist there. Be mindful of the fact she had only been living in the UK for a decade so a bad impression of royalty would not have been as detectable by her as someone who was born and bred in England.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The woman was not stupid, although she may have believed herself to be afterwards. She was a hard-working nurse who was trying her best to speedily serve someone she thought was a nationally important figure. She answered the phone at 5am because there was no receptionist there. Be mindful of the fact she had only been living in the UK for a decade so a bad impression of royalty would not have been as detectable by her as someone who was born and bred in England.

Hard working doesn't mean you can't be stupid.

Listen to the accents, listen to what they are saying and then tell me that the nurse providing the information isn't stupid for not suspecting something was awry.

They sound nothing like the Queen or Prince Charles, I know this and I'm not from the UK.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I think that's a little unfair. She would have reasonably assumed the call had been vetted before she received it, since it would have come via the reception and not direct to her.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
if you're put on the spot like that and the call has come through to you and you believe you are talking to the Queen of England then why would she not answer her questions? She is dealing with the care of a memmer of the royal Family, it probably quite reasonably never corssed her mind that some numpty from the other side of the world would play a prank.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also, don't forget, she was listening to them via an international phone call, whereas the broadcast will have had their end of the conversation picked up by the studio mics, so while it may be clear to the listener the accents are a little off, she may not have heard them so clearly, and if she's like me, she's never had a private phone call from the queen and only heard her rather stiffly delivered speeches on TV.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What was she supposed to do really? Tell what she thought was the Queen to bugger off?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think that's a little unfair. She would have reasonably assumed the call had been vetted before she received it, since it would have come via the reception and not direct to her.

Well you know what they say about assuming...

If you were dealing with such a high profile patient as soon as someone said "I've got the Queen on the phone" you should be switching into red flag mode.

Let's be honest, all that was divulged was that she's dehydrated and had trouble sleeping.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't really get where the funny part of it comes in. They got a nurse to answer some questions about a patient. Having said that Australian humour is somewhat base if Paul Hogan and that show that Eric Bana was in are anything to go by. Although Jim Jeffries I rate.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What was she supposed to do really? Tell what she thought was the Queen to bugger off?

Follow protocol and inform them she cannot divulge information to them due to privacy policies?

Seek out the security detachment for the Princess(i'd think there would be someone there in that capacity to ensure her safety) to have him speak to whoever it was and confirm it?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don't really get where the funny part of it comes in. They got a nurse to answer some questions about a patient. Having said that Australian humour is somewhat base if Paul Hogan and that show that Eric Bana was in are anything to go by. Although Jim Jeffries I rate.

It's not that funny, but it's also harmless.

She's dehydrated and not sleeping that well, that's some ground breaking news right there.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Follow protocol and inform them she cannot divulge information to them due to privacy policies?

Seek out the security detachment for the Princess(i'd assume there would be someone there in that capacity to ensure her safety) to have him speak to whoever it was and confirm it?

Now it's you that's assuming (before your edit to 'I'd think').

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's not that funny, but it's also harmless.

She's dehydrated and not sleeping that well, that's some ground breaking news right there.

I agree that it's harmless in theory. Clearly it caused some distress but I don't believe it was done with any malice. I'd probably have fallen for it but then, I'm thick as shit in a milk bottle.

Having said that I do find it odd that anyone would think the queen herself would ring, I would have thought the updates on her progress would have been relayed through Royal staff, but I've never nursed anyone so I wouldn't know!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here