Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hitler's children.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I caught the end of it and you have saved me the troubled of fishing it out on iplayer.

Interesting little piece on the Beeb. BBC News - Nazi legacy: The troubled descendants

For Bettina Goering, the great-niece of Hitler's designated successor Hermann Goering, she felt she needed to take drastic action to deal with her family's legacy.

Both she and her brother chose to be sterilised.

"We both did it... so that there won't be any more Goerings," she explains.

Fantastic documentary, especially the Grandson going to Auschwitz to see the Villa in which his Father was brought up right next to the Gas Chambers.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Fantastic documentary, especially the Grandson going to Auschwitz to see the Villa in which his Father was brought up right next to the Gas Chambers.

Yes amazing. He was obviously looking for some sort of peace and absolution and when the holocaust survivor shook his hand and told him it wasn't his fault, he wasn't there, I think he got it.

Yes amazing. He was obviously looking for some sort of peace and absolution and when the holocaust survivor shook his hand and told him it wasn't his fault, he wasn't there, I think he got it.

Got to say I thought he was going to be a bit of a drama queen at first but the longer it went on the more you could tell how deeply troubled he was by it. When he said he questioned why he was alive and thought it was to carry the blame, burden and guilt for what his Family had done it moved me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are 4 brothers living in the USA who are related to Hitler through kinship , they all decided not to have any children so when they eventually die the genetic link will come to an end.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Must be a lot of torment....to love your parents, but finding out what they have done in the past...
When I was a teen living in Portslade Old Village, our next door neighbours were an elderly German couple who had actually been denounced by their son who had joined the SS.......they survived the war, but he didnt...

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Allegedly some descendents of Nazis alive and well and living in large expensive villas in a small discreet German enclave to the east of Zahara de las Atunes on the Costa de la Luz. The land was given to the Germans by Franco to thank them for the support they gave him in coming to power as a result of the Spanish Civil War.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Very compelling viewing, all of them having to deal with their own parents and families views well after the war, most denying the holocaust.

The fella who was the Grandson of the Auschwitz command and who's dad lived onsite in a normal family house/villa, who went back for the first time in his 40's and took questions from young Israeli teenagers, pretty powerful stuff.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
at the end of the day it is none of our fault and most of them are almost dead , i can't see the point to be honest ..........thousands of Irish and Hugenots went a similar way (concentration camps/starvation), so the paddy's, frogs and cheese eaters hate us all for eternity , that should be good enough .....the jews were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of British soldiers after they were colonised in Palestine after the second world war .......they still manage to pull the strings in the U.S OF f***ing A and have a pretty good go at it in Europe and South Africa .........oh and Australia.........i've got no sympathy for them .........sorry.

guilt ...........it's worth f***ing billions .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Allegedly some descendents of Nazis alive and well and living in large expensive villas in a small discreet German enclave to the east of Zahara de las Atunes on the Costa de la Luz. The land was given to the Germans by Franco to thank them for the support they gave him in coming to power as a result of the Spanish Civil War.

In the 1980's , Paraguay was the only South American country who provided German speaking telephonists in their international exchange in addition to Spanish , English and French.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Sounds serious viewing and I will watch it later.

Can't help thinking of harry Enfield's Jurgan the German though!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
at the end of the day it is none of our fault and most of them are almost dead , i can't see the point to be honest ..........thousands of Irish and Hugenots went a similar way (concentration camps/starvation), so the paddy's, frogs and cheese eaters hate us all for eternity , that should be good enough .....the jews were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of British soldiers after they were colonised in Palestine after the second world war .......they still manage to pull the strings in the U.S OF f***ing A and have a pretty good go at it in Europe and South Africa .........oh and Australia.........i've got no sympathy for them .........sorry.

guilt ...........it's worth f***ing billions .

Watched the whole series on Sky Documentries...I have taken up military history as I was born before WW2 and did 12 years military service...... and studied from the American civil war to present day and find it compelling viewing and I say to you and your anti jewish attitude that you should visit some of the death camps where six million jews were slaughtered,their hair used for matteresses,,skin for shades for table lamps,fat for candles, gold from teeth,bodies of young women abused,kids taken from parents...for NSCers who have visited these camps they know the terror inflicted. Yes British servicemen were killed when the jews fought for a land of their own...which by the way if you read back into history there was a Jewish land ...but Greek terrorist EOKA killed British service too...so are you cursing all Greeks....no just the Jews,for the record I'm not Jewish and I was fired at from them when I crossed the border by mistake...you just thank your lucky stars that you were'nt born Jewish....there are good and bad amongst all people,so why pick on one race for your bile?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Watched the whole series on Sky Documentries...I have taken up military history as I was born before WW2 and did 12 years military service...... and studied from the American civil war to present day and find it compelling viewing and I say to you and your anti jewish attitude that you should visit some of the death camps where six million jews were slaughtered,their hair used for matteresses,,skin for shades for table lamps,fat for candles, gold from teeth,bodies of young women abused,kids taken from parents...for NSCers who have visited these camps they know the terror inflicted. Yes British servicemen were killed when the jews fought for a land of their own...which by the way if you read back into history there was a Jewish land ...but Greek terrorist EOKA killed British service too...so are you cursing all Greeks....no just the Jews,for the record I'm not Jewish and I was fired at from them when I crossed the border by mistake...you just thank your lucky stars that you were'nt born Jewish....there are good and bad amongst all people,so why pick on one race for your bile?

good post. Don't write off a whole culture because some are bad.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

sorry mate , that was out of order , my dad was in Palestine after the war and he said they were no angels.i didn't see the docco's ...........sorry if i have offended anyone.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
[YT]M9q6bSIWAgo&feature=fvwrel[/YT]

I recently read the book "Grey Wolf: The Escape Of Adolf Hitler" which claims the Fuhrer and his mistress Eva Braun were secretly flown out of Germany in April 1945 and taken to fascist-controlled Argentina.

It is alleged Hitler lived in the country for 17 years, initially raising his two daughters, until his death in 1962.

There is no conclusive proof in the book, but documents signed by J Edgar Hoover show that the CIA took the possibility of Hitler being in Argentina after the war seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here