Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hip injury

smelly

May 23, 2004
Played 5 a side last night for the first time in a while. Went to bed fine but have woken up with acute pain to the outside of my left hip. Feels like muscular injury but is also tender when I lie on that side. Can't remember one tackle or falling over that may have caused it.
Can the wise men of NSC shed any light on the cause and or treatment.

Many thanks in advance.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think the first line in your post holds the answer :)

Can you stand on it? Did you do an air-shot at any stage of the game?

Hit it with Paracetamol (4 hourly) and Ibuprofen (6 hourly) in the first instance.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This sounds to me like a hip injury.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Pain in the hip joint is felt in the groin (just down and in front pointy front bit of your hip bone).

This sounds more like a muscular injury, an inflamed tendon or referred pain from your back. Either way, the same advice applies rest for a couple of days, use ice (10 mins at a time), ibuprofen (3 times a day) then gentle return to activity.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It could possibly be trochanteric bursitis or more more likely ITB. Difficult to know without consultation. Pain killers, rest, ice are the way forward. If no improvement then consult a physiotherapist.

smelly

May 23, 2004
Thanks all really useful. No air shot no bruise. Will take all advice above thanks.

Obviously 3 points today will help too.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Is it an injury suffered by those in advancing years requiring a new plastic hip ?

Did you fall out of bed without realising ?

Did you not realise the hotwater bottle was underneath you ?

If it's none of these,I'll go with the "hip injury" diagnosis.

D

Deleted member 18477

Did you warm up?

Are you a fit person as in do you do any other sports?

Weight training for me has helped me when I do other sporting activities such as football. My legs, lower back, hips seem indestructable (touch wood). I do however feel my groin a bit playing football and that's because you do a lot of sharp turning during a game. Unfortunetly nothing but playing the sport again and again will ease the pain with that. (Match fitness).

I find a pink tablet the best think its called cuprofen. Works as a pain killer and anti inflammatory. Find it works a lot better than your standard pain killer for muscle/tendon soreness.

smelly

May 23, 2004
Thanks guys. Am a fat knacker who didn't warm up. ( what have we learnt).
Will go and score some cuprofen.

Thanks again.

Defo a hip injury!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thanks guys. Am a fat knacker who didn't warm up. ( what have we learnt).
Will go and score some cuprofen.

Thanks again.

Defo a hip injury!

Fat,smelly,anything else ?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It could possibly be trochanteric bursitis or more more likely ITB. Difficult to know without consultation. Pain killers, rest, ice are the way forward. If no improvement then consult a physiotherapist.

I have had two new hips on the R/H side in the last 2 years, on the second op I had and still have Bursitis and it is very painful, the pain is mostly on the outside of the hip and runs down to the knee...when it flares up its the most painful thing I have ever had and takes your breath away..good luck, Rest, Ice and anti imflametries.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Is Smelly really Bobby Z?
He's got a hip injury as well. Maybe he's put on a bit of weight while he's not been playing.

smelly

May 23, 2004
Is Smelly really Bobby Z?
He's got a hip injury as well. Maybe he's put on a bit of weight while he's not been playing.

Busted!!

All cleared up now thanks for all really useful advice(NSC at its best). now I can return to my spiritual home and lead the stripes to the prem. just need a 6XL shirt for Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here