Hillsborough the search for the truth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have I read that right about the 3.15 cut off, that nobody could have been saved after that time and now it seems 33 of the 96 could have survived if treated swiftly?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well done for the apology.

Let's see how many who have been insisting they "knew all along that the Liverpool fans were to blame" will come on here and retract their slurs?

You know who you are.

As I have said all along, many different parties must share at least some of the blame. Willfully misleading the press and the public is wrong in whatever guise it happens and those guilty should have to answer for their actions. I wish the relatives and friends of the victims no malice whatsoever and sincerely wish that today can at least partially help to lay some ghosts to rest..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
sun_the_truth.jpg

425817_189139207858714_721136349_n.jpg

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Have I read that right about the 3.15 cut off, that nobody could have been saved after that time and now it seems 33 of the 96 could have survived if treated swiftly?

I think so. They had reversible asphyxiation which still could have been treated after 1515

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As I have said all along, many different parties must share at least some of the blame. Willfully misleading the press and the public is wrong in whatever guise it happens and those guilty should have to answer for their actions. I wish the relatives and friends of the victims no malice whatsoever and sincerely wish that today can at least partially help to lay some ghosts to rest..

I hope you are right, and I hope you are saying that many different parties are to blame, but not the fans. I am sure this is what you are suggesting.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I hope you are right, and I hope you are saying that many different parties are to blame, but not the fans. I am sure this is what you are suggesting.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Was just doing some background reading. Only 1 ambulance made it onto the pitch, there were at least 40 more nearby. The police told them they could not enter the stadium because "they were still fighting"

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Also how disgraceful is it that the House of commons is now as sparsely populated as the Holmesdale. Seems most of our MPs see lunch as more important.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm going to find it hard to give a Conservative Prime Minister any credit considering it was Margaret Thatcher's hatred of football fans that went a long way to creating the climate for the cover-ups to happen and be accepted for so long. But there you go.

Other than that, thank goodness the truth is finally being acknowledged by the authorities.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So accusing Liverpool supporters of picking the pockets of their own dead & urinating on the Police is merely a bit of mischief-making? I call it spiteful, ignorant, cynical & despicable.

That piece of shit that pretends to be a newspaper should be boycotted out of existence.

'Mischievous reports"? f*** me-what an inappropriate choice of words. The Scum have perpetrated this myth about Liverpool fans for 23 years-they have lost all right to be considered a reliable source of news and information.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Hills borough the search for the truth

I'm really pleased that the families have officially been told that their loved ones were not responsible. It shoudn't have taken that long.

Unfortunately in those days, the emergency services were not that well trained in dealing with major incidents and mass fatalities. The situation was made worse by the Senior Police Officer in command on the day and some of the appalling decisions that he made. This was compounded further by telling lies and trying to pass the blame onto innocent victims. Also the Coroner has clearly failed to set the right parameters for the inquest.

This case and others such as the Paddington rail crash, Marchioness River Boat Disaster, Piper Alpha and 7/7 etc have been used for many years as case studies when teaching the Senior Management and their staff on the ground how to deal with such events, both at the scene and at the hospitals, mortuaries etc in relation to identifying and recovering victims properly.

Changes in legislation, such as corporate manslaughter certainly help to focus the mind of Senior Management who are trained to deal with major incidents such as these. They are made fully aware that their decisions and actions can mean the difference between many people living or dying.

All the emergency services now spend a great deal of time training together to deal with major incidents and have done for many years. You can only hope that nothing like that happens again. Unfortunately it always takes events such as this to effect change.

I would like to see a new inquest based on the facts as they are now and those that were in charge on the day made accountable.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Without meaning to be insensitive, the removal of terracing from British football grounds was based on the concerns over safety and security from the Hillsborough tragedy. With the blame now lying firmly with the authorities on the day, surely this makes the Taylor Report a little bit null and void?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Without meaning to be insensitive, the removal of terracing from British football grounds was based on the concerns over safety and security from the Hillsborough tragedy. With the blame now lying firmly with the authorities on the day, surely this makes the Taylor Report a little bit null and void?

that is a very good point.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Everything written there is sensible, and about as accurate an answer as we can ever expect to get all these years later. Sadly Liverpool fans will almost certainly argue the toss.

Which one of the 3 wise monkeys are you then? I believe that many parties were to blame in some way, shape or form. You refuse to remove your blinkers to any outcome other than the one which reinforces your own prejudiced viewpoint.

I possess no evidence, just a useful amount of common sense which leads me to believe that Liverpool fans were far from blameless, along with other parties.

TLO, you can play right or wrong, black or white etc etc.. I just believe that any blame should be shared by a multitude of different groups including the Liverpool fans.

Not a personal attack on you, but are we now going to blame the FA for the venue choice? Unfortunately this disaster happened, 23 years ago, and no amount of hand wringing and campaigning will change this.

I will be surprised if we do not hear calls for more financial compensation for the victims families by the end of today.

I repeat, I will be surprised if we do not hear calls for more financial compensation for the victims families by the end of today.

Nor do any of your posts detract from my belief that you are ignoring a commonly held view that Liverpool fans were, at least, partially to blame for the disaster, so nur-ne-bleedin-nur-nur-to-you-too. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil....Jeez, all three monkeys rolled into one!

Of course you don't, as your well researched input to this thread shows.

If some of the victims families are awarded more money because of the failings, lies, and criminal activities of the emergency services then that is what should happen. Some of the victims would not have died if things were done properly (letting more than 2 ambulances into the stadium for example). The families deserve everything they are awarded.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
So there it is, the real Truth is out, respect to those on here who have always respected the fight for Justice, and also to those who have admitted their previous opinions were wrong, will those who have doubted the Liverpool fans and the fight for Justice apologise, we'll have to see.

The Truth is out, now for Justice, a huge relief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports