Hillsborough - Not All Liverpool Players Seem To Care

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a load of rubbish, OTT?! It'll still be spoken about in 50 years time, and so it should as far as I'm concerned. It puts football into some kind of perspective for me, it's just a game. The effect of Hillsborough was long lasting though of course, so many rules were changed as a result of it.

I agree that the Bradford fire should get more coverage though.

What other British footballing tradgedies do you pay tribute to then that have occured in the last 50/60 odd years?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Was he even alive when Hillsborough happened? He probably just doesn't know how people really feel.

How old was DiCanio in 1945?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Just that 'It happened long, long ago' is a pretty lame excuse.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Still, it is Liverpool! Don't see many scousers getting the same treatment when they quite happily remind Manure of Munich.

I have seen a number of Liverpool v ManUre games-at Anfield- and not once have I heard Scousers reminding the Mancs of Munich-still, as it is Liverpool let's pretend they do.

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
Liverpool fans have blood on their hands over Hillsborough by turning up drunk, without tickets trying to rush the gates, causing the crush which meant the police had to open gates to the ground.

Heysel as well they need to hang their heads.

Where was the 20 year remorial for the Bradfor fire?

Where was the 20 year remorial for the Zebrugge disaster?

The public love a scouse sob story.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
am I the only one who spotted Jamie Carragher spitting during the pre match minutes silence last week?

youtube anyone?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool fans have blood on their hands over Hillsborough by turning up drunk, without tickets trying to rush the gates, causing the crush which meant the police had to open gates to the ground.

It's obviously not the first time you've come out with this on here - but I'm afraid you eventually have to accept people with a lot more time, information, experience and intelligence than you sifted through all the evidence for months and came to very different conclusions.

Taylor never said there were NO drunk fans. He concluded that was not the cause of the tragedy. He never said there were NO ticketless fans. He concluded that was not the cause of the tragedy (and fairly obviously it should have been anticipated anyway).

The cause was policing of a major public event that a five-year-old could have improved upon, and much worse than the semi-final the previous year between the same teams at the same ground.

People went to a match, did what they were told, and got killed/crushed needlessly with empty pens at the sides. Then to rub salt in the wound the authorities, in particular the police, lied about it, and tried to cover up their cock-ups, and smear dead people before they were even buried.

I'd say it is up there with the Birmingham Six/Guildford Four as one of the most lamentable episodes in the history of the police in this country.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I suggest that you go away, do some research on the subject (other than reading old copies of The Sun) and then come back and post your findings.
I am of course assuming that you can read?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On the BBC news they showed a clip of the Carragher spit but at the time I didn't realise they had started the minute silence. Isn't his actions far more appalling that the reserve team goalkeeper, bearing in mind Carragher is from Liverpool. Surprising that more isn't being made of it but then Carragher is integral to the first team who are currently challenging for the title so no doubt scousers everywhere will turn a blind eye to that!!!! Stinks of double standards.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
There are some things you just DO NOT do. Was he flown in from Mars last week or something ?. Its the equivalent of having a trip to Auchwitz and walking around the gas chambers eating Popcorn and taking smileys shots on your mobile.

have you been to Auchswitz? plenty of people do that.

his behaviour is poor but total media/club overreaction imo.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
The only time I have agreed with Boris Johnson was with his observations of scousers and their love for mourning.

Lets move on, to be honest (and this will go down like a lead balloon I'm sure) I'm sick and tired of seeing liverpool fans wallow in their plastic mourning which gives them an excuse to stand in the kop with a scarf in front of the news cameras.

As pointed out, there are plenty of other football disasters that have happened, apologies if I appear insensitive but there are ways to remember those unfortunate 96 that doesn't involve dressing it up as "I support the best club on the planet, look how much we care".

If they really gave a shit, judging from that youtube video they could have at least got someone who could sing.

WestStandLad

Jan 28, 2004
Sussex
My god there are some absolute f***ing morons on this board.

What have other football tragedies got to do with Hillsborough? Others anniversaries aren't commemorated in the same way so Liverpool fans should tone down theirs?

Scousers are slated for remembering their dead sons, daughters, Mum's Dad's, brothers, sisters.. Plastic grief? f*** me I hope one day some of you don't need the support of others.

96 people never came back from a football match.

Just think about that for a minute.

Think about the thousands of Albion fans that will travel to Huddersfield next week. Think about 96 of them not coming home. Died supporting their football team. On the terraces. Some as young as 10. Then think about the headlines in The S*n newspaper in the following week accusing Brighton fans of pissing on the dead and attacking First Aid staff. Total lies. Think of a huge Police cover up and a Chief Superintendent never being brought to justice for his incompetence. Retired early on a massive pension. The families got nothing.

The Taylor report concluded that the disaster was TOTALLY down to appalling policing. NOTHING else. If you are going to spout utter made up bull shit then do it on another f***ing subject. The deaths of 96 people will be and should be remembered for ever.

96 people never returned home from a game of football. When you sit down at Huddersfield next Saturday to cheer the boys on with your son, daughter, Dad, mate.. you might want to remember that.

'Fans united' my arse.

Justice for the 96. Don't buy The S*n.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/home.shtm

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
My god there are some absolute f***ing morons on this board.

What have other football tragedies got to do with Hillsborough? Others anniversaries aren't commemorated in the same way so Liverpool fans should tone down theirs?

Scousers are slated for remembering their dead sons, daughters, Mum's Dad's, brothers, sisters.. Plastic grief? f*** me I hope one day some of you don't need the support of others.

96 people never came back from a football match.

Just think about that for a minute.

Think about the thousands of Albion fans that will travel to Huddersfield next week. Think about 96 of them not coming home. Died supporting their football team. On the terraces. Some as young as 10. Then think about the headlines in The S*n newspaper in the following week accusing Brighton fans of pissing on the dead and attacking First Aid staff. Total lies. Think of a huge Police cover up and a Chief Superintendent never being brought to justice for his incompetence. Retired early on a massive pension. The families got nothing.

The Taylor report concluded that the disaster was TOTALLY down to appalling policing. NOTHING else. If you are going to spout utter made up bull shit then do it on another f***ing subject. The deaths of 96 people will be and should be remembered for ever.

96 people never returned home from a game of football. When you sit down at Huddersfield next Saturday to cheer the boys on with your son, daughter, Dad, mate.. you might want to remember that.

'Fans united' my arse.

Justice for the 96. Don't buy The S*n.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/home.shtm

Well said.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Carragher spits means Carragher spits.

If other people want to make up a story and a drama that it means he is disrespecting the memory of Hillsborough, that's the meaning they are bringing to the situation, not him.

He could have been spitting because he was disgusted at the injustice of what happened at Hillsborough. Or more likely, he was spitting because he needed to spit at that moment.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Carragher spits means Carragher spits.

If other people want to make up a story and a drama that it means he is disrespecting the memory of Hillsborough, that's the meaning they are bringing to the situation, not him.

He could have been spitting because he was disgusted at the injustice of what happened at Hillsborough. Or more likely, he was spitting because he needed to spit at that moment.

ok - but people generally conduct themselves with dignity on such occassions. What would he have done if he had been in a Church, or in someone's house and had the same urge to spit? To make matters worse he was standing next to the young mascot - a fine example. But then again he is a scouser ....... so we must make allowances and defend him.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
ok - but people generally conduct themselves with dignity on such occassions. What would he have done if he had been in a Church, or in someone's house and had the same urge to spit? To make matters worse he was standing next to the young mascot - a fine example. But then again he is a scouser ....... so we must make allowances and defend him.

Not making too much of this incident but if anyone needs an insight into what an obnoxious charachter Carragher is they need only read his autobiography.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports