Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hillsborough - more police escape justice

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
You said they aren't blameless, what did you mean by that then? They were part of the disaster because it was a human crush - they contributed to it because they were there.

As for the stadium not changing other than signage - all seater, pitchside barriers removed, various other changes over the years. Bit stupid to say it hasn't changed.
Well as the discussion was about fan behaviour outside the stadium, nothing really has changed.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Ticketless fans implies too many people, which was a possibility at Brixton - we don't know yet.

However as even the original H&S Executive inquiry counted every single person entering the stadium on the CCTV - the "ticketless fans" theory has always been gold plated bullshit and only repeated by the ignorant and the lying.
The ticket less fans was mentioned in the report that someone linked to earlier. Nowt to do with me.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
It is incontrovertible that there were lots of things happen and many people involved in the tragedy that happened at Hillsborough. However it is inconceivable that some fans shouldn't have had something to do with the terrible outcome. I don't remember reading anything from any fan who admitted to pushing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
... was because security guards sold black market tickets so too many people were let in .... by said security guards.
Incorrect. The inquest proved the number of fans in Leppings Lane equated to the number of tickets sold.
The two pens either side of the centre were sparsely filled because the fans were directed to the tunnel. It was in the tunnel, many fans died.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is incontrovertible that there were lots of things happen and many people involved in the tragedy that happened at Hillsborough. However it is inconceivable that some fans shouldn't have had something to do with the terrible outcome. I don't remember reading anything from any fan who admitted to pushing.
They died. They suffocated like the people who died in the Tube station during the war, and 153 people in an alley in Seoul.
The fans were not to blame. They were trapped.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Incorrect. The inquest proved the number of fans in Leppings Lane equated to the number of tickets sold.
The two pens either side of the centre were sparsely filled because the fans were directed to the tunnel. It was in the tunnel, many fans died.
I was commenting on the OPs incorrect comparison with Brixton.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
That too is incorrect I believe.
My understanding is that fans went into the tunnel because there was no-one to direct the fans towards the side pens.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That too is incorrect I believe.
My understanding is that fans went into the tunnel because there was no-one to direct the fans towards the side pens.
I followed the second inquest day by day and line by line. David Conn was reporting it throughout.
The verdict was unlawful killing, not accidental death.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Ticketless fans implies too many people, which was a possibility at Brixton - we don't know yet.

However as even the original H&S Executive inquiry counted every single person entering the stadium on the CCTV - the "ticketless fans" theory has always been gold plated bullshit and only repeated by the ignorant and the lying.
Is that really possible? Was the CCTV of sufficient quality that day to do so? The footage I've seen from the day looks a bit grainy to me.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Because they didn't. It was the layout of the stadium internally.

How many times do you have to read the evidence ? It's astonishing. You post reads some like mad conspiracy theory.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because they didn't. It was the layout of the stadium internally.

How many times do you have to read the evidence ? It's astonishing. You post reads some like mad conspiracy theory.
Judging by posts already made, I doubt the evidence has been read once, let alone many times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here