Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlights on the BBC

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX

Proxify Then type in the website you want to view then use. it should be good for the video's on the bbc site too. If Not try going onto http://proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml
It has a list of the best Proxys to use :)

Well I tried the top one, then 'hidemyass' and both returned the same "cannot be viewed in your region", so I don't see how proxy anything makes a difference I'm afraid

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Well I tried the top one, then 'hidemyass' and both returned the same "cannot be viewed in your region", so I don't see how proxy anything makes a difference I'm afraid

Strange that. Should have worked. Works on Hulu which Is for america only. I'll keep hunting round for you.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
still don't think it was over the line.

It was over the line then, we all saw it, and it is still over the line now.

Good to see d'urso proving his ineptitude as a referee again!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
it was so clearly over the line I honestly can't believe it's a point of discussion. I saw it CLEARLY from the middle of the second tier of the west stand.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
So they show ALL of Southampton's chances and our three goals. Why wasn't Cook's shot in the first-half shown? As for the commentators remark 'Even with ten men, Southampton still created chances', I think he meant their one second half effort.

Thats the BBC for you ... I noticed whilst driving on the way down that (BBC) Radio 5 live had reporters at both Smellhurst and the Amex - during the course of those reports the only mention of the Albion was the Amex itself ... Southampton/ Palarse and Leicester all getting big airtime ....perhaps Mark "I never played for the Albion" Lawrenson has spread the word .....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Nope, still comes up with exactly the same 'Cannot play...etc' under the picture. I cleared cookies first, and have downloaded that expat shield and nothing. I give up on this proxy shit.
I have Windows7, maybe it isn't working with that, I don't know

You've downloaded it, but are you running it...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thats the BBC for you ... I noticed whilst driving on the way down that (BBC) Radio 5 live had reporters at both Smellhurst and the Amex - during the course of those reports the only mention of the Albion was the Amex itself ... Southampton/ Palarse and Leicester all getting big airtime ....perhaps Mark "I never played for the Albion" Lawrenson has spread the word .....

Yeah, it just annoyed me because for all Adkins' talk about how they "totally dominated" the first half, it was actually pretty even (as shown, and mentioned, on their own Player highlights). Yet they only showed (all of) SCC's chances - didn't show Cook's shot that went just wide. They also showed virtually their only chance in the second half, but omitted JFC's excellent shot which was turned round by their keeper.

There does seem to be a media perception that Southampton are a 'big' club and we are still the plucky underdogs. What a loada tosh. I reckon once the Amex is up to 30,000 we'll be getting bigger crowds than at St Marys. In fact, I wonder what attendances there would be like now if they weren't top of the league.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I think you will find that the BBC's TV studios are in SOUTHAMPTON - don't suppose that influences them at all

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Splitting hairs maybe, but it seems bizarre not to include JFC's shot which also produced a great save, as well as Cook's effort. According to their own stats, we had 10 goal attempts to their 8 -they showed just 4 of ours (that's including Kaz's shot before JFC followed up to score) and 5 of theirs. So all they showed of our attacks were our goals, yet they showed 5 of their chances. Not very balanced editing imho.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Splitting hairs maybe, but it seems bizarre not to include JFC's shot which also produced a great save, as well as Cook's effort. According to their own stats, we had 10 goal attempts to their 8 -they showed just 4 of ours (that's including Kaz's shot before JFC followed up to score) and 5 of theirs. So all they showed of our attacks were our goals, yet they showed 5 of their chances. Not very balanced editing imho.

Yes and the first Soton attack they showed was offside:(

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here