Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hi guys

Chat Football

Apr 3, 2008
Morning all,

How are you today?

I wanted to post for a few reasons really. Im a Southend fan (yes sorry) but wanted your views on tomorrows game and what you think about Revell?

Do you think you will bring many down or will the Tuesday night ruin it and would have suited a Saturday more?

I also run www.chatfootballforum.com where we have many posts on brighton and tomorrows game and much much more so please register.

I wanted to talk to the admin of the site to see if we can swap links too?

Cheers guys and lets hope tomorrow is a good game :bigwave:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
After Saturdays shocking defeat and how our playoff chances are looking in now reckon we'll bring 600-800. Had we of won Saturday, would probably of sold out! If it was a Saturday would probably of sold out too!

Alex Revell had a very good work rate and seemed to get goals when it mattered but was never too impressed with his open play, is very League One standard I'd say! But I'm always willing to be proven wrong!

Never been to Roots Hall so looking forward to my first visit tomorrow!

Chat Football

Apr 3, 2008
Nice mate thanks for replying, Roots Hall is "really" nothing special believe me but then again thats why we are both getting new grounds.

If you like a stadium that is very old and has a bit of history then Southend is great but it really doesn't generate an atmosphere and everyone trys so hard including the new group we have but it's a shame really.

Revell looked like a fairly hard work but I couldn't see him scoring more than around 8 goals a season, good job we have Barnard really.

Should be a good game though, always is with Brighton and Southend!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What do you mean mate, slightly confussed ???

when we win or get a good point, we are world beaters who are going up
when we lose or get a poor point, we are rubbish that should get rid of every player and sack the manager, board and tea man

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Any chance the game could be off? I'd love that because it's wife birthday and I've had to let the lads in the minibus down. I'd really like to go, just not tomorrow. (I'd prefer to be at match anyway but don't tell the Mrs!)

Southen v brighton always good? Hmmm, well, maybe for your lot, we don't do well down there. Have a look for my 'Most memorable' thread, when i get around to writing it.

Alex Revell is the type of player you love to have. he works his socks off & chases everything. Occasionally he'll have a good scoring run. He does have limited ability and is honest enough to know that.

We got a good price from him and do have better quality forwards now but there's always times, like Saturday, when you'd love a player like Revell to 'put it about' up front.

Chat Football

Apr 3, 2008
Yeah I know what you mean mate, I think when he is back fit he "may" make the bench.

Ermmm if im honest mate then it won't be called off im afraid. Snow was pretty bad yesterday but today it's all cleared (although cold) sorry mate!

Why not bring your wife to Southend for a nice birthday dinner then sneak the game in ;)

ps - please register on my site for me mate

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Southend are always a club I have had a soft spot for as similar in some ways to Brighton. Whenever I visit my uncle who lives there I see too many West Ham, Manure and Chelsea shirts, bit like Brighton, and you also don't own your own ground (I might be wrong here). You were having trouble building a new one and have a bloody good young manger whom I am hoping, but not convinced, our manager will emulate!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I wasn't going anyway, but the abject performance on Saturday (hopefully a one off!) will certainly affect the away attendance. Don't forget we have the 'glamour' tie of Luton* away on Saturday to budget for as well. :D

* not going to that either!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Southend away has been a bit "naughty" down the years. As for the game itself, not at all confident after Saturdays dire performance. Plus, I can't remember the last time we got anything from Roots Hall.
One thing that place has that Withdean hasn't....atmosphere.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's going to be an interesting game as most of our defenders aren't fit. Lynch is injured, Guy is still getting over a virus, Hart's out for the rest of the season, Fogden is out on loan and Richards still not fit yet.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
We always bring a decent following but I can't remember ever seeing anything other than a defeat there. I can't even recall coming away with a point - one of our least productive away grounds.

Hopefully they'll want to put Saturday's abject performance behind them and they'll 'turn up', but Southend are in v.good form at the mo, so although I'll be there, I'm going more in hope than expectation.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
My mrs is a wondeful woman and has agreed to me going to the game.

And i don't think it's one of those " well go if you want to" type comments either. You know the type with wimmin, when 'yes' means 'no' and we are supposed to understand what they really mean.

Best leave it a day or two before i mention Luton!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here