Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heskey

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Probably more a sign of McLaren's desperation than Heskey's ability.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I thought he got a bit of a hard time and is actually a very good partner for Owen, who will the score the goals we need (hopefully!!!) because of Ivanhoe's suport play.
Like I said on the other thread (which I started first, but didn't name properly, ahem ahem)... Owen & Heskey WORKS.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
After yesterdays performance Big Bad Baz would be a better idea than Heskey

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
If people like Jermaine Jenas, Alan Smith, Kieron Richardson, Wes Brown, Andy Johnson, Ashley Young and David Nugent get call-ups it's only fair that someone like Heskey gets a chance; it's not like we can do any worse that we are at present. He may be a poor man's Bas Savage, but Heskey is worth a punt:thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Owen scores twice for Newcastle..Heskey manages to stand up for two minutes for Wigan...all we need now is Phil Neville to put in a claim, and we are back to the glory days.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably more a sign of McLaren's desperation than Heskey's ability.

Little bit harsh, Heskey has been playing very well of late including last season.

I think what his recall demonstrates more than anything is the total failure of any of the fringe striking candidates to seize the opportunity and make the place theirs.

Rooney's out, Owen's been out. With the players injured, suspended, or rusty, if Defoe/Bent/Johnson were banging the goals in, or had been towards the end of last season, they'd make McClaren's like a lot easier and stake a claim for years to come. But they haven't.

I thought Andy Johnson might be the answer, especially when Owen was out - but he's hardly scored any since last Christmas, they were mostly all at the start.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I gather Gingerminge was at the Newcastle v Wigan game yesterday. I think we should all just be grateful that Bramble hasn't been drafted in.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I gather Gingerminge was at the Newcastle v Wigan game yesterday. I think we should all just be grateful that Bramble hasn't been drafted in.

Does that mean none of the strikers have pulled out.

So he has added him to the squad merely on the strength of that one performance? Friday, he didn't think he was good enough, and after that performance on Saturday he thought, "Yep, he's got to be in my squad."

The guy just doesn't know what he's doing?

Wait an hour or so, and we'll find out whether he was watching the live game this afternoon "Zat Knight drafted in as a STRIKER - shock!"

:thud:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, look at it this way. At least the qualifying group has a scary, exciting look about it. Israel could have been quite routine, but now I will be CACKING myself watching it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here