Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] He's one of our own x3 – Are Albion unusual?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Yes we know about locally-born players in other PL teams: Kane, Alexander-Arnold, Burn, etc.

But we've got THREE Sussex lads as first-team regulars: Dunk (Brighton), March (Eastbourne) and Webster (Chichester).
Is this yet another Premier League record?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Manchester United have / had a few come through their youth system. Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay and Brandon Williams. Not sure where they were all born.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
James Ward-Prowse, Alex McCarthy and Danny Ings all Hampshire born when playing together at Southampton.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Manchester United have / had a few come through their youth system. Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay and Brandon Williams. Not sure where they were all born.

There were loads of local players in their treble winning team.

Don’t think we’re breaking any records with our three sadly

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Are we really counting Webster as local though?
Yes, as we all know West is as important, if not more important, than the East of the County :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the traffic to and from the Amex on a match day I reckon most of our support comes from WEST Sussex :smile:

In fact I think it’s worth a poll!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll see you Outside after a comment like that... :lolol:
airplane-slap.gif

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll see you Outside after a comment like that... :lolol:
I actually have no dog in this fight, as I have a foot in West and East Sussex camps having grown up in mid Sussex on either side of the county border. However, Chichester always was a Portsmouth area. The cut off seemed to be LA: Albion, Bognor: Pompey.

I'd gladly assume we are making great strides to take that bit of Sussex back of course, as we are brilliant and Portsmouth are division 3 shite. Forever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are we now saying Chicester, capital of West is best and diocese for the county, is NOT true Sussex? Hmmm, not sure I concur. Unlike Crawley, which everyone knows is Surrey really
That would be wrong.

The whole of West Sussex isn't true Sussex.

Felix The Cat GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here