Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] He’s gone.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Evans was great in the Big Breakfast, TFI days when I was equally as young and carefree. I can't say I ever 'liked' him - but I certainly found him watchable and listenable.

Then, he went off-grid a bit - and reappeared as a watered down, milky, middle of the road version of his old self. I found him immensely boring, so stopped listening.

Grimshaw put me off Radio 1, Evans put me off Radio 2, so I stopped listening to breakfast radio and read my iPad instead!

Very tenuous. I don't like the way she treated Norman, and don't like her style of presenting either.

I like Lisa Tarbuck and find her funny. She gives the impression of a funny friend chatting in the kitchen over a cup of tea. Just my taste, I suppose.

Ken Bruce is the best of the bunch.

With you re: the Brucemeister. Surprised this thread has become such a binfest.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Would have liked Cox in the mornings, she's done well when standing in. Not sure about Ball, will give it a go. Shame they shoehorned Wylie with Mayo so he quit and Cox got the drivetime gig. Expect she'd have been a shoein for the breakfast show otherwise. Personally was beginning to go off CE so not too bothered, maybe time for a change. Yes I do listen to R2 most of the day !!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Two years of having no choice but to listen to him at work. It turned me into the lunatic you know and love today. Sorry that my thread has upset you so much that you felt the need to comment. If my posts make you and your pals so angry you can click off the thread . Blimey :)

Merry Christmas

Hasn't upset me but I'd be interested to see you post your acting credits so we can all comment on your performances in the same way you've judged Evans.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hasn't upset me but I'd be interested to see you post your acting credits so we can all comment on your performances in the same way you've judged Evans.
Most on here have already declared me a shite actor without actually knowing who I am :)
I had a bit of a dig at a radio DJ. It really doesn’t warrant a protracted dissection. I have made my point, you have made yours.
So look, it’s Christmas Eve , I certainly don’t intend to spend it on here justifying myself to strangers . I’m gonna open a beer and enjoy time with my loved ones. I hope you have the same in your life.
Genuinely, have a lovely Christmas and I hope it’s a top one.
All the best.
TC

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Always thought he was OK - a bit nerdy but enjoyed most of his stuff until about 6 months or so ago when he suddenly started talking over guests at 100 miles an hour and forgot that people we’re trying to listen to the music and conversation. Then he brought his kid in and listening became extremely uncomfortable - I just felt sorry for the kid being put into that position. Pleased he is off but despair at the lack of talent left on Radio 2.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always thought he was OK - a bit nerdy but enjoyed most of his stuff until about 6 months or so ago when he suddenly started talking over guests at 100 miles an hour and forgot that people we’re trying to listen to the music and conversation. Then he brought his kid in and listening became extremely uncomfortable - I just felt sorry for the kid being put into that position. Pleased he is off but despair at the lack of talent left on Radio 2.

That’s Evans me-ism navel gazing.

The contrast with the brilliant Ken Bruce afterwards is glaring. KB simply gets on with playing .... great music, with a quietly charming and self-effacing style in between.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bugger! I though for one blissful nanosecond that Trump was dead.

Then I remembered . . . Mike Pence.

Probably bullets dodged all round. :facepalm:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You have really turned into a nasty bitter and twisted human being.

Didn't get a part in panto this year then?

When you are dead and gone, what do you think people will remember about you?

Go and do something useful with your life rather than coming on here and spouting your bile. You sad pathetic person.

:lolol: You forgot Merry Xmas at the end

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would have liked Cox in the mornings, she's done well when standing in. Not sure about Ball, will give it a go. Shame they shoehorned Wylie with Mayo so he quit and Cox got the drivetime gig. Expect she'd have been a shoein for the breakfast show otherwise. Personally was beginning to go off CE so not too bothered, maybe time for a change. Yes I do listen to R2 most of the day !!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Top work. Only 'bum hole' missing for a Royal Flush :lolol::xmas:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That’s Evans me-ism navel gazing.

The contrast with the brilliant Ken Bruce afterwards is glaring. KB simply gets on with playing .... great music, with a quietly charming and self-effacing style in between.

The Ken Bruce show is the best one on R2, I'm usually disappointed when he's finished and Jeremy Vine takes over.
Vine usually plays decent music in between the political arguments though.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I've grown to hate R2, my boss has it on all day. Boring people playing boring music interspersed with guests who are plugging their latest book/film/CD/wotever, with the whole lot broken up with endless BBC adverts for endless BBC shite that I will never watch or listen to.

Oh, and Happy Christmas.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Ken Bruce show is the best one on R2, I'm usually disappointed when he's finished and Jeremy Vine takes over.
Vine usually plays decent music in between the political arguments though.

Agree about Vine’s music. He’s of the age group that loves music from the late 70’s and the 80’s. (The same music that out of touch Steve Wright despised with snore noises back in the day).

I've grown to hate R2, my boss has it on all day. Boring people playing boring music interspersed with guests who are plugging their latest book/film/CD/wotever, with the whole lot broken up with endless BBC adverts for endless BBC shite that I will never watch or listen to.

Oh, and Happy Christmas.

Try Planet Rock or Radio Caroline.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Agree about Vine’s music. He’s of the age group that loves music from the late 70’s and the 80’s. (The same music that out of touch Steve Wright despised with snore noises back in the day).

Vine often plays The Jam, last week after playing them he said something like they were the best band in the world.

I think Steve Wright still thinks he's a Radio 1 DJ sometimes, he often plays what I call Heart FM type of music.

I do change radio stations sometimes when Vine comes on if I get fed up with the arguments from callers etc, but I sometimes forget to switch back when Steve Wright comes on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Vine often plays The Jam, last week after playing them he said something like they were the best band in the world.

I think Steve Wright still thinks he's a Radio 1 DJ sometimes, he often plays what I call Heart FM type of music.

I do change radio stations sometimes when Vine comes on if I get fed up with the arguments from callers etc, but I sometimes forget to switch back when Steve Wright comes on.

Steve Wright like his old mate Jonathan King has always obsessed with West Coast USA 70’s and 80’s music. Behind he faux jokey persona, he loathed the music of The Cure, Bunnymen, The Smiths, etc. Not rocky enough for his narrow tastes. In his R1 show, you’d often hear a snore noise effect half way through the former, with inane chat before the track had finished. Whilst it would pristine good manners when he played his beloved Eagles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here