Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heroes of the 90s

Lurcio

Nov 10, 2009
Hi, first post after reading the board for many years and I am looking for help/thoughts/ideas.

My son has been selected to work on a project through his college where he is designing artwork to displayed at The Amex. The theme is heroes from each decade and his group have been assigned the 90s.

Being 19 he doesn't have any personal experiences of The Albion at that time as his first game was in 2000 but I have given him my thoughts and spoken to mates who have done the same.

Any thoughts on your personal heroes from that decade and the reasons why would be a great help.

Thanks

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Robbie Reinelt, Stuart Storer, Steve Gritt, Dick Knight, Peter Andre.

Lurcio

Nov 10, 2009
Just Albion?

Added to those already mentioned...

Liam Brady
Gulls Eye
BISA
The Argus
The Fans

I haven't read the brief he has been given fully but think that he will take on any ideas and work with them. My immediate thoughts were players but there is more to the club and that is the reason for asking for others thoughts.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
craig maskell, kerry mayo, denny mundee, jeff minton, peter smith, robbie reinelt, richie barker, paul mcdonald, gary hobson, dick knight, steve gritt, jimmy case, ian baird

these are just people i remember from the nineties, whether they were heroes or not :shrug: i just remember them, was very young lol

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He he i was sitting right behind the goal for that one.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
90's was a pretty dark time for the club, so heroes were in short supply. For me the following constitute hero status:-
Mike Small
John Byrne
Ian Chapman
Liam Brady
Robbie Reinult
Stuart Storer
Dick Knight
Every fan who stood up and fought the battle to ensure the football club survived.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That would be about right. A lot of the players mentioned earlier really aren't worthy of 'hero' status. Small and Byrne are a 'must' and that Play-Off Final team is really the one that needs to be looked at for candidates. Dean Wilkins too?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Mike Small
John Byrne - super forwards
Jeff Minton - a shining light in an average team
Mark Beeney - not only a great keeper but signed for Leeds to save the club - how can anyone forget?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The plymouth fan who thought of Fans United and the fans who came from other clubs, particularly Chelsea and Wimbledon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here