Here's Why Beasant Was Pissed Off

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
According to Simon (who's just signed his new contarct for a year) Beasant was offered just £500 per week to resign for the Seagulls which, after countless years of experience, he took as rather insulting (and insists he could get at least triple that coaching).

Coppell is now talking at £750 per week, but big Dave wants £1,000.

Shows how hardup the Albion really are! :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it is a very reasonable deal - I'm sure Will Packham wasn't paid anymore.

Get a cheaper Keeper and when (not if) as it seems to be every season he gets injured at some point get in a loanee.

However not Royce or Petterson ???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bollocks, dont believe he was offered only 500 quid a week.
His issues and concerns would be if he was No 1 or not.

Dicktator Knight

Jul 7, 2003
I did also mention to Dave that ou r regular keeper is quite popular with the fans and i think he took it the wrong way. Greed also plays a large part in this, after all £500 a week isnt that bad seeing as he hardly puts in a 35hour week let alone 40 hours a week which when I told him the fans that pay his wages do this he kinda went quiet and obviously realised that per hour we pay him and are offering him a very good deal, after all training and playing he hardly works for 35 hours a week and has weeks off at the end of the season, thats plenty of holiday a part time job 26K a year and he's still not happy!

Jul 6, 2003
Lost
Marshy said:
Bollocks, dont believe he was offered only 500 quid a week.
His issues and concerns would be if he was No 1 or not.

Partly. I think he would be happy to battle with Michel as im sure he has faith in his own ability. We can't spend a grand a week on a reserve. Kuipers is number one.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
In that case i would like to no how much we have available for a striker mmmmm.
Kitson was on a fair bit and now he is gone!:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Beach Hut said:
I think it is a very reasonable deal - I'm sure Will Packham wasn't paid anymore.

Get a cheaper Keeper and when (not if) as it seems to be every season he gets injured at some point get in a loanee.

However not Royce or Petterson ???

I noticed on SKy SPorts news in the lists of players in and out in the premiership that charlton have released Ben Roberts but have signed Simon Royce.....I don't see the logic in that, releasing a quality keeper and signing a piece of shit donkey in his place

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
chez said:
Call me tight but in the currant climate I dont think 500 quid is a bad wage for what is probably going to be a 2nd choice keeper. Im not saying he's not worth more but with a cash strapped club what can you do?

Get a new Chairman with some money! Dick Tight is no longer able to provide the funds this club needs to grow!:nono:

No wonder Dick Tight wanted us to go down, he did not want to pay Div1 wages. £500 is a f***ing joke, players would be better-off playing part-time.:mad:

Dicktator Knight

Jul 7, 2003
Mullers, please can you make your statements quietly as you are beginning to embarrass me. You are so ungrateful I saved this club singled handed from the slums of kent brought it back to the lovely english back garden of ... Sussex and you are still not happy. The players already play part time, noything like the 40 hr week i put in on the board meetings, i mean golf course.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
All of you lot who think £500 a week is ok are living on f***ing cloud cukoo! I wouldnt get out of bed for that and he has probably got a family to support. £26,000 a year? You could probably get that working as a supervisor in a call centre!

For that sort of cash we are gonna get another donkey like Packham. What a joke!

I know non league players who get paid more than that, thats how much of an insult it is! Shame on you Dick Tight!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mullers said:
Get a new Chairman with some money! Dick Tight is no longer able to provide the funds this club needs to grow!:nono:

lets just get Falmer first...he's poured his heart and soul into getting us that stadium and to give him shit now and tell him to f*** off will do us no favours whatsoever, if he fails to dip into his imaginary pockets after Falmer then yeah...SACK THE BOARD! but until that day just ride it out.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have to say, in the current climate £8k a week for a Second Division striker is ludicrous. He must be earning twice as much as anyone in the division. He wants to go, we can't afford his wages realistically, and we need several new players.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Totally agree with Albion Dan on this. £26k is f*** all to anyone with a large mortgage, one income and a family to support. But the fact is, that is clearly all the club is prepared to pay for a second string keeper. For me, that is sensible (as we already have a GK coach) and it just means Beasant will have to find another club.

Regarding Zamora's wage, I can't believe he's earning that sort of money. If he is, then his wages must be being bankrolled by a sponsor. but even then I doubt it, as this club presumably has a wage structure which ought not to be broken. Otherwise we're going to end up with the same problem as in the late '90s as a consequence when Garry Nelson (one of the finest strikers we've ever had IMHO) was forced out of the club.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Albion Dan said:
All of you lot who think £500 a week is ok are living on f***ing cloud cukoo! I wouldnt get out of bed for that and he has probably got a family to support. £26,000 a year? You could probably get that working as a supervisor in a call centre!

For that sort of cash we are gonna get another donkey like Packham. What a joke!

I know non league players who get paid more than that, thats how much of an insult it is! Shame on you Dick Tight!

I bet over half the people on North Stand chat do not earn £500 a week!. i earn nowhere near that.
brighton is a very low paid town ,working on a call centre you will be lucky to make £15,000.
I earn £16,500 plus a milage allowance, i get by and am just taking out a mortgage.

I think its you who needs a reality check!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well said Mr P

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mr Popkins said:
I bet over half the people on North Stand chat do not earn £500 a week!. i earn nowhere near that.
brighton is a very low paid town ,working on a call centre you will be lucky to make £15,000.
I earn £16,500 plus a milage allowance, i get by and am just taking out a mortgage.

I think its you who needs a reality check!

I don't earn that either, first job, in the public sector and all that, just risen to a shade over £14,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports