Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Here We Go Again!

el punal

Start of the new season this Saturday and the trains up the Swanee again! No direct Southern trains from Southampton to Brighton, you have to go up to Clapham Junction and down via East Croydon to Brighton or eastbound to Fratton and change for the Portsmouth Harbour train to Brighton via Littlehampton.

Then hope and pray that the train you’re supposed to be on isn’t cancelled. God knows what the Falmer service is going to be like. All I can say is that I’m completely and utterly f***ed off with the train unions, the train companies, the government transport wallahs and everyone in between. Sort yourselves out you complete morons and let us, the poor British public, be able to travel safe in the knowledge that we are able to get from A to B on time without any more cock ups! Not that difficult, is it? :angry:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no olidarity with our brothers in the rail union?

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Feel your pain. On the occasions I wanna get the train and not have to drive, the Andover service is usually a slow bus to bloody Basingstoke or even worse, Woking. Then have to train via clapham etc... (and as you said, hope the rest of the trains and signals aren't broken). Annoying

el punal

Move.

Seriously, I feel your pain, and wish you good travels. I’m 125 miles away.
I think I might buy a motor home and park in Bennett’s field car park, then pretend to do people’s drives and stuff. Wait until I get an official notice to leave, then return the following day. Repeat until the cows come home. :drink:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
without getting into the rights and wrongs of the actual dispute(which is a whole different thing) what pisses me off is the bare faced lies from all sides- we don't want to disrupt the public say the strikers-BS, thats exactly what u want to do- just say it so we know where we stand. come out and say- we intend to f*** up pride, football, and anything else we can think of. we WILL tell you its a full service, then cancel all trains at half time etc

At least that way we all know its going to be a cluster f***, and can at least try to mitigate it ourselves.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
no olidarity with our brothers in the rail union?

We're literally months away from fully autonomous driverless cars and yet these goons are demanding more money to drive trains.

Can they not see how this will end?

And why do trains need guards, when the London Underground runs perfectly well without them?

I once had some sympathy for them, but not now. f*** them and f*** this Tory Gourvenment equally.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're literally months away from fully autonomous driverless cars and yet these goons are demanding more money to drive trains.

Can they not see how this will end?

And why do trains need guards, when the London Underground runs perfectly well without them?

I once had some sympathy for them, but not now. f*** them and f*** this Tory Gourvenment equally.
The RMT don't drive trains. Try getting a wheelchair off of a train without a guard, or to have someone trained in safety if anything happens on the line.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The RMT don't drive trains. Try getting a wheelchair off of a train without a guard, or to have someone trained in safety if anything happens on the line.

According to the RMT website , RMT is the union for traincrew, including drivers, Guards and other on-board staff.

And how much does a guard deserve to be paid to help the odd wheelchair on or off, or assist with those safety issues? Because they're currently earning £31k a year for doing f*** all for 90% of their working day.

Being a 'traincrew' is not a vocation and it's not skilled, it's just a job. Its not the same as teaching or nursing so why do they expect public sympathy. If it doesn't pay enough then quit and do something else, don't hold the country to ransom.

And in the interest of balance, f*** the Tories.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to the RMT website , RMT is the union for traincrew, including drivers, Guards and other on-board staff.

And how much does a guard deserve to be paid to help the odd wheelchair on or off, or assist with those safety issues? Because they're currently earning £31k a year for doing f*** all for 90% of their working day.

Being a 'traincrew' is not a vocation and it's not skilled, it's just a job. Its not the same as teaching or nursing so why do they expect public sympathy. If it doesn't pay enough then quit and do something else, don't hold the country to ransom.

And in the interest of balance, f*** the Tories.

The train drivers union is ASLEF.

The train companies want to make thousands redundant, by removing guards, ticket offices etc. I know people with sight problems who can’t use ticket machines. Talking of which, many are out of order.
Any pay offer includes accepting the above conditions.

In the meantime, dividends are still being paid out to shareholders.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here