Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Here to Help" assistant

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Or maybe they could just put yet more signs up? Jeez! Why does the club have to go knee-jerk head-mental just because we got promoted to the Premier League? Exactly what kind of mutants are we expecting who can't find their way around a roundish football stadium? Sake!

Fair point, athough I fear you might be surprised.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I'm not sure why it's take-the-piss worthy, although I have no recollection of the Palace stuff.

I imagine it will appeal to some who'll see it as doing a bit of a good turn whilst earning a fair chunk of their season ticket outlay.

My avatar may jog your memory :wink:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Well, that's my application in.

I quite like the idea of helping the club and earning a few bob towards the cost of my season ticket.
Wish me luck guys.

Do you think I should wear the seagull head to the interview?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Things I've learnt today-
I once asked "what do all the people at the Amex do" A/ Head of Ticketing and Supporter Services, Supporter Services Manager, Supporter Services Supervisor & Supporter Service Executives.

Also, if the job finishes at KO do you just down tools (remove coat) and enter ground or do you then have a de-brief whilst returning coat thus miss KO?
And on the subject of the Olympics, those people at the games with COKE and BARCLAYCARD (or similar) on banners that were walking around. That's because there are NO STATIC adverts at the Olympics but moving ones are sort of permitted.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It is corporate bullshit - but so is the way of the world. If the club is going that way can I offer some friendly advice.

1) A "Happy To Help" T-Shirt must have the words "Ask Me How" printed on the back to adhere to the virtual friend experience.

2) To complete the general radiant ambience - please emblazon the stewards jackets with "I LOVE WORK" in big letters on the back. Their coats must be of a thicker, warmer and longer design and it is imperative (actually a disciplinary offence) if they are not worn on a very very hot early August afternoon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm hoping that when I visit Old Trafford, I'll be met by a kindly greater who can take me to my seat. Ptreferbly a nudie one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm hoping that when I visit Old Trafford, I'll be met by a kindly greater who can take me to my seat. Ptreferbly a nudie one.

If that's what I have to do to get a ticket then I'm in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, this is an ideal job for me. Always early at the sadium, fully clued in, and full of empathy for the bewildered.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Plenty of people on here would be perfect for the role. Ernest for one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ugh. This kind of corporate dogshit makes me crave the Withdean days. I know, I know.

I can almost guarantee you wouldn't be in your seat for kick-off if you did this job. The corporation will not let you just shrug off your jacket and head to your seat 10 mins before kick off while there are still bewildered away fans finding their way to the toilets etc. That's not how these corporate "face of the company" gigs work.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Printed off the application for my boy to look at!

Loves the Albion, knows the ground well, STH and nearly £20 a game is a lot of cash to a 14yo.

Issue will be mid week games as 2.5hrs before KO is a real push for a school boy who finishes at 4.15. But otherwise, would be perfect for the role. Will consider complaining to PB about it not being inclusive enough for the school-aged ones. Can't see it suiting anyone but the retired really!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here