Henri Lansbury deal moving closer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
I always pay close attention to what Stumpy says.. Looking at previous stories (i.e. CMS) he's always got his finger on the pulse.... Haha, no pressure Stumps! ;-)

Fingers crossed eh!?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I would be staggered if we manage to get Lansbury, would be an immense signing....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Strong rumour he is down for talks tomorrow on another thread...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
That's the young Spanish defender BTW, not Lansbury.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Press are saying Lansbury may be part of the deal which takes Gary Cahill to Arsenal. Mind you, they said CMS was off to Leicester, so what do they know?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I heard the delay in this was that Arsenal are losing players etc - so hoping they will sign some more if all this is true!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've heard from a friend we are about to sign lansbury. He was passed this info from someone who informed him of the cms signing before it happened. Anyone else heard anything to back up the lansbury rumour?

Yep. Hearing the same thing as you

The Sun saying that he is going to Norwich on loan Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury looks set to join Norwich on loan | The Sun |Sport|Football. Well, maybe the story simply says that Norwich have bid 2million, but Norwich fans think he's going there

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
well we played arsenal style last season and obviously helped us get promoted so knows everyone and would probably fancy a crack at the prem with us given he won't get much of a look in at arsenal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think he would learn more on the end of maulings with Norwich in the premier league, against premier league players exposing his short comings, whatever style norwich play, than he would playing the same arsenal style that I would imagine he is quite proficient in or capable of in a division below.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Let's face it, if he can go to a Premier League club he will.. Players have to take those chances when they can. The worst that happens is he'll end up in the Championship in a season's time. With us, he could be there for years. Hopefully not, but that's the reality.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You'd think if he goes on a permanent, it's to Norwich.
If it's on loan it could be to either side really, but given he's already been with Norwich, I'd think they're favourites again.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The Sun headline doesn't really match the story though, which seems to say that Norwich have bid 2million but Arsenal don't want to sell (at that price). It doesn't say that Norwich have asked for a loan, or that a deal has been agreed, or anything to that nature; merely that Norwich would have to settle for a loan if he were to play for them this season.

Can you get more hopeful than that ?!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can you get more hopeful than that ?!!

Well, last night sky sports news were reporting that Man Utd haven't made an official bid for Nasri. They didn't just report it, they listed it as top news. Seriously, "team hasn't made a bid for a player" was top news on ssn. What next "Bank doesn't get robbed?" "John Smith of London did not die today"? The news is that there's no news?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports