Henri Lansbury deal moving closer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Would Wenger prefer a loan deal to someone outside the Premier? If he rates him, which he seems to but feels that he's not ready for Arsenal first team then if I was him I'd be reluctant to let him go to loan to one of my competitors. Also, we play a brand of football that i'd imagine Wenger would want lansbury to be involved in.

Or it could all be bollocks!!

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
he can't come on loan to us as we have our max of 2 from the prem

not sure a 4th loan to a lower league would do him much good tbh

he either wants assurances from wenger that he'll get his opportunity or a move, which was reported recently

but he thinks he's good enough for the prem so would be surprised if he goes back to the champ

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he can't come on loan to us as we have our max of 2 from the prem

not sure a 4th loan to a lower league would do him much good tbh

he either wants assurances from wenger that he'll get his opportunity or a move, which was reported recently

but he thinks he's good enough for the prem so would be surprised if he goes back to the champ

Unfortunately I think you are right. Even if we do bid and if we have a bid accepted, he is going to opt for a Premiership club if he gets the choice

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Henri

He could be the player we need. I have not seen enough of him to know.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Sorry to piss on everyone's collective firework but

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/wenger-keen-on-lansbury-miyaichi-stay/

Arsène Wenger has confirmed he intends to hang onto Henri Lansbury and Ryo Miyaichi, as speculation about their futures intensifies.

Lansbury has consistently been linked with a return to loan club Norwich City during the summer, while some have also suggested he may be used as a a potential make-weight in the club’s search for a Premier League centre back. Henri is yet to feature for the first-team since returning from the Under 21 European Championships, but that’s down to a fitness issue.

Wenger moved during his pre-Emirates Cup press conference to set out his stance on Lansbury.

“Henri has the talent to play for Arsenal football club, and he has a chance to play for us this season.”

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Arsène Wenger has confirmed he intends to hang onto Henri Lansbury and Ryo Miyaichi, as speculation about their futures intensifies.

Lansbury has consistently been linked with a return to loan club Norwich City during the summer, while some have also suggested he may be used as a a potential make-weight in the club’s search for a Premier League centre back. Henri is yet to feature for the first-team since returning from the Under 21 European Championships, but that’s down to a fitness issue.

Wenger moved during his pre-Emirates Cup press conference to set out his stance on Lansbury.

“Henri has the talent to play for Arsenal football club, and he has a chance to play for us this season.”

Wenger finished the final sentence by saying something along the lines of "and if I can't give him the chance i will help him to find another club..........."

Doesn't mean much tbh except he may be available in January (or equally may not of course)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

He will leave, just unfortunately not to us :(

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I thought Henry Lansbury signed for Norwich last week ????

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Arsenal want a Fee

According to Twitter , Lansbury has rejected Arsenals contract offer and he has not been promoted to the first team squad?

I noticed that he was not in the team for pre-season friendly, when if he was in contention, I would have expected him to be.

He does not seem an outstanding player. A journeyman Championship player might command a fee of £1 million nowadays. I would have thought more like £200K. Arsenal are just holding his contract and loaning him out to other clubs to pay his wages or part of it. Time to move on, I would have thought. Arsenal will not be even out of pocket and only deserve a cursory fee, if any.

He is right-sided central midfielder and it looks like Norwich preferred Eliott Bennett. He might be the player we need fo the central role in 4-3--3 but we have already got Sparrow.

Last edited:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I noticed that he was not in the team for pre-season friendly, when if he was in contention, I would have expected him to be.

He does not seem an outstanding player. A journeyman Championship player might command a fee of £1 million nowadays. I would have thought more like £200K. Arsenal are just holding his contract and loaning him out to other clubs to pay his wages or part of it. Time to move on, I would have thought. Arsenal will not be even out of pocket and only deserve a cursory fee, if any.

He is right-sided central midfielder and it looks like Norwich preferred Eliott Bennett. He might be the player we need fo the central role in 4-3--3 but we have already got Sparrow.

Can't say I've seen a great deal of him but I do know that when he was on loan at Norwich last season, half the time he was on the bench there. Yes I'm sure he's good, but is he really the player we need. I think not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports