Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendrie in the argus....

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
Hendrie in dark about Albion
9:30am Monday 5th July 2010

Print Email Share Comments(1) By Brian Owen »

Lee Hendrie hopes to kick-off pre-season training this week.

But the former Aston Villa man admits he is no closer to a move to Albion.

Hendrie, whose contract at Derby expired recently, hopes to train with a club near his Midlands home as he hammers out his future.

He recently revealed to The Argus he was prepared to take a pay cut to come to Withdean but was also attracting interest elsewhere.

Hendrie said: “It’s pretty quiet. I’ve spoken to a few clubs and I’m waiting to hear from them.

“I’ve been doing some work on my own but I’ve got to get in somewhere this week for pre-season training.

“Brighton is still a possibility. They are up at the top of the list of clubs I’d like to join but I’ve got to get the best deal I can.”

Former Albion favourite John Keeley has taken over as senior goalkeeping coach at Portsmouth after David Coles followed Avram Grant to West Ham.

Keeley, 48, was previously in charge of the keepers in Pompey’s academy having left the Seagulls' coaching staff three years ago.

Print Email Share Comments(1)

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Hendrie is in need of a pre-season, IMO. Therefore, the longer this saga goes on the less likely he is to be coming here.

PS well done JK - Legend in my eyes and a lovely bloke. I can remember him when he first came to us and wanted to work his cab part time to make up the lost money of becoming a professional! And seeing him in the pub at midday before a game necking his beer!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This looks like a come and get me plea from Hendrie to me... maybe the club are letting him sweat before handing him a contract that suits our wage structure?

I do like the way that everyone bangs on about John Keeley as an ex BHA keeper, but evryone forgets that David Coles ALSO played for us on along forgotten afternooon at Shrewsbury!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here