Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
#

Not signing another striker.

Is that now being pinned solely on PB? Incredible.

TB, with such huge sums involved and the importance, would have determined or at the very least been a key part of the 'better value & more strikers become available at the end of August' theory.

PB on the Albion Roar goes through all this, and it is difficult to question his honesty in reflecting on events during the window.

Let us also remember TB sets the wage structure and the club have to work within that structure. There is a belief that a fair wage structure engenders a strong team spirit, and I'd have to say since Hughton arrived, it would be hard to disagree.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Any player who stamps on an opponent deserves a ban and perhaps an extra game for idiocy if they think it won't be picked up by a camera.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is that now being pinned solely on PB? Incredible.

TB, with such huge sums involved and the importance, would have determined or at the very least been a key part of the 'better value & more strikers become available at the end of August' theory.

Not to mention Paul Winstanley and the recruitment team. No, it's all Paul Barber's fault, every bit of it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The extra game is added on if the FA consider it's frivolous, or a silly reason why it has been appealed. The club felt they had a good reason to appeal by stating it was accidental rather than deliberate.
That was rejected, so the 3 match ban still applies, with nothing extra.

Ok, thanks.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Does this mean he is banned for three games as from now ?

Or 3 games after Glen Murray is declared fit ?

Or three games of our choosing ?

Or three games immediately after 1st January ?

Or can it be postponed until we have signed another striker ?

Or maybe after Hemed retires ?

What if he changes his name by deed poll ?

Or wears a disguise ?

I think that covers most of my questions.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes he did it, yes he should be punished.
But the sooner they change the rule of 'unseen by the ref' the better. If a player does anything that warrents a ban, regardless of whether the ref thought it was just a foul, the better.

This purely a British rule. I don't believe there is any Fifa directive that says you can't punish a player retrospectively if a referee has acted during a game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't complain - as I already said I think it looks deliberate.

However, this one from last season is a lot more obvious, but no ban followed:

Barton's was worse too, as we know, and he also escaped.

No consistency.

All depends on whether the referee has seen it or not. These retrospective bans only take place if the referee hasn't seen it. In the case of Rojo, if he gives a foul for the challenge on Hazard and has seen the challenge, then the panel wouldn't review the stamp.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Tough.... IMHO one cannot judge intent in a close contact tackle like that. The 'Castle player tackled him.. they tangled and momentum carried him forward to put his foot down. But then , I am an Albion fan.......

Frankly, for Sunday's game I would rather be short of attackers than defenders. Let's see who is available after yet another International Break.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Any player who stamps on an opponent deserves a ban and perhaps an extra game for idiocy if they think it won't be picked up by a camera.

It's not thought through though is it? It's a red mist reaction where rational thought processes are overridden and cameras or consequences don't enter the mental equation whatsoever.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm struggling to keep up with events.

I thought an unsuccessful appeal resulted in an additional 1 game ban, or is the additional game only if the appeal is seen as 'frivolous'?

If the latter, it then begs the question... What is their definition of 'frivolous' and who decides whether it's frivolous or not?

]

Frivolous can mean silly, light hearted and even whimsical. I think therefore, it is included to stop players appealing wearing rotating bow ties, clip on red noses or flowers on their lapel which can be made to squirt water over you If you try to smell them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fans as well as players ought to remember the eyes of the world are on them in the PL...! Wanna be an infamous viral and potentially lose your job...? Amex is the place to do it and be more than a retrospective 3 game ban, you could be ducked for life! :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How about we just forget about it now it's done?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still feels like a 'result' for Sky to me. Tangle of legs, and a three game ban for putting a foot down when off-balance as a result.............. The authorities never seem to do us any favours - oh well, time to move on.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Bollox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Lets be honest he was guilty as hell. Well done to CH and the club to try to defend an employee as best they could.

It reminded me of the hopeless OJ Simpson case. There was no way a person could get away with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here