Helping Plymouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Apologies if this has been covered before. I had a quick flick through and couldn't find it. I don't post very often so feel free to fixture me.

I read about the bucket collections at the Plymouth game and the contact with Richard Vaughan who came up with fans united and can't help thinking that there is more we could do as a club and fan base to help. They don't seem to be getting much support from elsewhere.

I was wondering if there was a possibility of setting up a joint Albion/argyle memorobilia/celebrity auction. There must be enough people on the combined forums to come up with some reasonable things to auction and a venue/host. Not only would this help raise funds but the added publicity may help.

Just a thought like....

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
:bounce:

Following from Fans Reunited being arranged. I was wondering whether there would be any takers for this now a few months on?

Things have only got worse since Feruary and any money raised form this could go toward the staff (I believe I remember there being a trust set up to give money to the club staff that have had to go without for months)

I am based in Reading but would do everything possible to help with this should there be interest, the added publicity could also help with their plight. The only issue I can see now would be the lack of time they may have.

If there is still no interest or people feel it may not help then feel free to let me know and I will drop the idea

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Bucket collections for sick children, help for heroes, terminal/critical illnesses then yes, but for a football club, I think this is a bit much.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Bucket collections for sick children, help for heroes, terminal/critical illnesses then yes, but for a football club, I think this is a bit much.

The bucket collections mentioned in the first post were arranged when we played Plymouth in the league (the original post is from February)

The suggestion was more to raise money for the staff of the club who are/were also not being paid. The main press focusses on the players but the back room staff have also got bills to pay and families to support. By no means am I suggesting this is a more worthy cause than sick kids etc but these guys need (did when the first post was made at least) some help as well. A the auction was just an idea to help with this.

It was just an idea and as we are now doing events etc for them then I thought I would float it again, like I say if it's a non started then that's fine by me.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The bucket collections mentioned in the first post were arranged when we played Plymouth in the league (the original post is from February)

The suggestion was more to raise money for the staff of the club who are/were also not being paid. The main press focusses on the players but the back room staff have also got bills to pay and families to support. By no means am I suggesting this is a more worthy cause than sick kids etc but these guys need (did when the first post was made at least) some help as well. A the auction was just an idea to help with this.

It was just an idea and as we are now doing events etc for them then I thought I would float it again, like I say if it's a non started then that's fine by me.

Sorry, I didn't mean to knock the idea. It's a decent gesture, I just don't think it will take off.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I pledge £20 to their St Johns Ambulance bill right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports