Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Helpful advice please about bus links from the Amex to Lewes.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
In the past I’ve always used the train from Brighton to Falmer, but for the Forest game I’m staying in Lewes and hoped for some advice on the bus from there to the stadium, and back afterwards. I never leave early. I think the bus is the 28 or 29? but is it reliable, esp after the game. I’m an old codger, slow walker and dodgy on my pins. Where does the bus stop, esp after the match, and will I get to my AirBnB before the following dawn?

Thanks!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
In the past I’ve always used the train from Brighton to Falmer, but for the Forest game I’m staying in Lewes and hoped for some advice on the bus from there to the stadium, and back afterwards. I never leave early. I think the bus is the 28 or 29? but is it reliable, esp after the game. I’m an old codger, slow walker and dodgy on my pins. Where does the bus stop, esp after the match, and will I get to my AirBnB before the following dawn?

Thanks!

You can get the 28 or 29. Just walk through the underpass then turn right to the bus stop. In the evening, they're every half hour (21:30, 22:00, 22:29, 22:59).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If your ABnB is close to the station - and especially if you’re allowed to go via the fast lane in the train queue then that might be a quicker/better option. I always get the train to Lewes.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Thanks!
Getting to the game should be simple. Until 6:30 pm they go every 10 minutes, then every 15 mins until 7:30. They don’t always run to timetable due to traffic etc so sometimes nothing for 15-20 minutes then 2 or 3 at once! After the match slightly more complicated as they are only running every 1/2 hour. For a 7:30 k.o. the match should be done by 9:30 - there is a 9:29 from Falmer so early leavers will rush for that. There may be a queue for the 9:59 bus, but 10:29 should be fine. According to timetable the last bus is 1am!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If your ABnB is close to the station - and especially if you’re allowed to go via the fast lane in the train queue then that might be a quicker/better option. I always get the train to Lewes.

He may not understand what you mean by “the fast lane in the train queue”

This is only for people with disabilities (some may not be obvious) a wrist band is needed to use this queue

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
That’s the bus I get home . As the previous poster stated - go under the underpass then turn right and follow the footpath that goes along the A27 east . Bus stop is there . Every 30 mins though rarely in time . Takes 15 mins into Lewes and goes past the prison , along the high street , does a loop of the one way system before going to Tesco. Please note Lewes bus station is now closed so the stop where this was is now outside Waitrose . Feel free to ask any other Lewes info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
They don’t always run to timetable due to traffic etc so sometimes nothing for 15-20 minutes then 2 or 3 at once!!!

Contrary to popular belief this isn’t a conspiracy though, the bus in front may well be running say, 5 minutes late due to being stuck behind a dust cart or something, therefore they then pick up more passengers which in turn makes them later still, so they are then picking up even more passengers and getting even later, meanwhile the bus behind is sailing past stops as there is no one to pick up as the late running one is doing all the work, eventually they catch up with the one in front, it’s not always practical for them to overtake as they are strictly forbidden from running early. Just sayin

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There’s no train strike planned for the 11th so you could get the train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here