Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help With Woodlice!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
mcshane in the 78th said:
Hasn't anyone learnt, when someone asks for help or suggestions and then in brackets puts "serious", it's guaranteed to get people taking the piss :lolol:

Indeed a schoolboy error on my part. Still if i get any questions about woodlice during an Xmas game of Trivial Persuits i will be well clued up.

Thanks for the ideas of which the the net gauze sounds the best. The real laugh is that i kill the buggers sitting in the bath whilst the missus humanely drops them one at a time out of the window!???

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
this reminds me of the ants thread, NSC gold :)

I's suggest putting a very sticky stick under the vent for them to land on, when you have a stick full soak it in petrol then take it outside and ignite. the result will be illumination and crackling noises as the woddlice explode, hay presto cheap effective sparklers all year round.

alternatively get a bathroom with a window and fill the duct with expanding foam

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Woodlice have many natural predators. Common shrews are know to consume vast numbers of woodlice. Other animals also eat them include hedgehogs, toads, frogs, newts and lizards. Little owls and foxes are also known to include them in their diets.

It's simple really, install a small fox, an owl and a colony of shrews in your bathroom and the problem will be solved. A hedgehog on a stick could also double as a loofer and you could wipe your arse on the fox.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jimmy Saville said:
Woodlice have many natural predators. Common shrews are know to consume vast numbers of woodlice. Other animals also eat them include hedgehogs, toads, frogs, newts and lizards. Little owls and foxes are also known to include them in their diets.

It's simple really, install a small fox, an owl and a colony of shrews in your bathroom and the problem will be solved. A hedgehog on a stick could also double as a loofer and you could wipe your arse on the fox.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What do think they really put in the prawn sandwiches?

Ligia oceanica is the biggest and best in England.
BilgeBug-eyes_RJ.JPG

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Keep one of these in the bath, it'll have the little fuckers for breakfast!!!

lizard_gila_inset.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jimmy Saville said:

:lolol:
Thats the best post I've read this week.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lovely big antennae on that - someone should try and track her down, her name is Amandaus Biggus Norkus Wenkus, apparently.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
FatboyTim said:

pah . . .that stuff like pheromone spray to proper woodlice

Tatui1.jpg

actually you'd have to put a Kate moss sized line down to get one of those mothers

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm definitely keen on the idea of an owl too particularly as i have Pool table installed in the spare bedroom. I can have game with the owl and if i pot the white i can explain that its 2 hits, to which he might reply.......................................

2 hits to who!

I'll get my coat!

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I have a similar problem - mainly the woodlice fall out of the spotlights in the lounge of my bungalow.

I find if you get them on a non flammable surface that a gas cigarette lighter acts as a fantastic flame thrower, and you get to have a bit of fun.;) ;)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Why all the violent ideas?

Talk to them, explain the situation and i'm sure they will understand.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So their preferred method of killing woodlice be to drop them into boiling water via a sieve - another recommendation for you.

I wonder if you could make woodlouse popcorn by popping them into a saucepan of boiling fat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here