Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help to settle an office arguement..................

Who is right?

• You are right, that team is full of quality and should have won.

Votes: 131 99.2%
  • He is right, it was a s&^t team and deserved to lose

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Here's a stat for you

The entire cost of the Bradford team was £7,500 - Striker James Hanson is the only Bradford player to command a fee. In contrast, Chelsea’s starting line-up cost £101 million

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I don't even bother with the football talk with people I work with, If they support a Prem team or should I say follow as I doubt they have support the club in any way. Let them talk crap, generally cliches or repeating what the pundits said the night before on TV.

If I do I will speak to a bloke who supports Brentford, a couple of fellow Albion fans and a West Brom fan, the rest can get ****ed as someone has already said, have no idea what good football is.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At the end of the day the record books will forever show the result was Chelsea 2-4 Bradford - nobody will care who played

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Chelsea put out a line up to win the game. However there are variables in a cup match because it is a one off and anything can happen over the course of 90 minutes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ok, so on Saturday Chelsea lost to Bradford.

I unfortunately work in an office with a knuckle dragging Chelsea supporting Neanderthal

His argument is that Chelsea lost because they played a S*^t team.

Chelsea
01 Cech
31 Christensen
05 Zouma
24 Cahill
28 Azpilicueta
07 Ramires
08 Oscar
12 Mikel (Fàbregas - 70' )
17 Salah (Willian - 70' )
11 Drogba
18 Remy (Hazard - 76' )

Substitutes
04 Fàbregas
06 Aké
10 Hazard
13 Courtois
22 Willian
26 Terry
36 Loftus-Cheek

Now my argument here is that most if not all of that Chelsea starting 11 and the subs used would walk into another premier league team without to much trouble.

His argument is that players like Obi Mikel and Salah are not good footballers, to which I disagree when you compare them to the Bradford City team. Bearing in mind there is talk of Chelsea selling Salah and the fee is rumoured to be £12 million pound (£12 mIllion pound for a S*&t footballer!?!?!)

He also finds it hard to accept that Chelsea were winning 2-1 When Fabregas and Willian entered the game in place of Mikel and Salah.

So my main point is that with the starting 11 Chelsea had and the 3 subs that they used they should NEVER have lost to Bradford and are a disgrace.

I am sick to death of hearing how great Chelsea are and i really need to put this moron in his place!

Anybody like to help me in my argument?

Chelsea
01 Cech = 3 league titles, 4 FA Cups, 1 European Cup
31 Christensen
05 Zouma = 1 French Cup,
24 Cahill = 1 FA Cup, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 33 international caps
28 Azpilicueta = 1 UEFA Cup, 2 French Cups, 10 international caps
07 Ramires = 1 Portugese title, 1 FA Cup, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 50 international caps
08 Oscar = 1 UEFA Cup, 43 international caps
12 Mikel = 1 league title, 4 FA Cups, 1 league cup, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 64 international caps
11 Drogba = 3 league title, 4 FA Cups, 1 league cup, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 104 international caps
18 Remy = 1 French league title, 2 French cups, 31 international caps

I'm not going to even bother with the subs. Your Chelsea fan there is like a Chelsea fan mate of mine, totally incapable of humility without blaming conspiracy theories, squad players, referee's etc.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No matter for how long your difference of opinions last, you will never in a million years convince him you are right. He needs an excuse, if he'd picked the team himself, it would have been the match officials fault. Leave him to suffer, or better still agree with him, he'll hate that because he'll think you're taking the pizz.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Chelsea
01 Cech = 3 league titles, 4 FA Cups, 1 European Cup
31 Christensen
05 Zouma = 1 French Cup,
24 Cahill = 1 FA Cup, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 33 international caps
28 Azpilicueta = 1 UEFA Cup, 2 French Cups, 10 international caps
07 Ramires = 1 Portugese title, 1 FA Cup, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 50 international caps
08 Oscar = 1 UEFA Cup, 43 international caps
12 Mikel = 1 league title, 4 FA Cups, 1 league cup, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 64 international caps
11 Drogba = 3 league title, 4 FA Cups, 1 league cup, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 104 international caps
18 Remy = 1 French league title, 2 French cups, 31 international caps

I'm not going to even bother with the subs. Your Chelsea fan there is like a Chelsea fan mate of mine, totally incapable of humility without blaming conspiracy theories, squad players, referee's etc.
Out of interest, does your CHELSEA fan mate actually go ? If so, how long has he been going ?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
That's always the argument when a team like Chelsea lose to a smaller club. I remember talking to a 'friend' of mine who supported Chelsea, who when we beat them 3-1 a couple of years back said the exact same thing as your office pals.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Don't bother - just laugh.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
That's always the argument when a team like Chelsea lose to a smaller club. I remember talking to a 'friend' of mine who supported Chelsea, who when we beat them 3-1 a couple of years back said the exact same thing as your office pals.

It's the argument from people who know nothing about football and don't even go to games.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
As has already been said - he obviously knows very little about football . The obsession of the premier league by those that "follow" football is laughable . Professional footballers (apart from the small number of true world class players) are not that different in skill on a given day IMHO. It comes down to those clichés of desire, team organisation on the day and a little bit of luck . Bradford's fourth goal especially was incredible - as good as any that will be seen in the premier league this season.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
ANY team that makes so many changes doesn't play as a TEAM and so are always beatable. Jose knows this and wanted out

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
bradford actually had a go and scored some cracking goals....2 more the the knightsbridge numpties....that is all...!!

there is no e after the second u either...tsk..:rolleyes:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Out of interest, does your CHELSEA fan mate actually go ? If so, how long has he been going ?

Season ticket holder for approx. the last 10 years. Went sporadically before that as we played in the same team on Saturdays. He definitely believes Platini and UEFA have conspired against Chelsea over the years. To be fair, he did say "Bradford were great. They deserved it. We didn't shoot when we should have done and our defending was poor. Mikel is the worst player in our history. He is shite. Cahill was poor too, no organisational skills."

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
He rested 7 players, all internationally capped, compared to Bradford with how many international players?
I read somewhere the total cost of Bradford team less than 700 k, compared to Chelsea 200-300 million

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The weakest player in the Chelsea line-up is worth more than the entire Bradford City XI.

Your case is rested.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Season ticket holder for approx. the last 10 years. Went sporadically before that as we played in the same team on Saturdays. He definitely believes Platini and UEFA have conspired against Chelsea over the years. To be fair, he did say "Bradford were great. They deserved it. We didn't shoot when we should have done and our defending was poor. Mikel is the worst player in our history. He is shite. Cahill was poor too, no organisational skills."
A definite JCL then, Jesus wept if he thinks mikel is the worst player in our history then I'd like to have seen him watch some of the shit served up by the likes of Doug rougvie and Keith Dublin .

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A definite JCL then, Jesus wept if he thinks mikel is the worst player in our history then I'd like to have seen him watch some of the shit served up by the likes of Doug rougvie and Keith Dublin .

Exactly, he's prone to rash judgements, exaggeration and general arrogance….like all Chelsea supporters in my experience.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here