Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help the Children play Football

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
A good mate of mine living in Swindon has started up some community football for Children in his area as previously there was none. I know its just after the holidays and many people are skint but I just wanted to put this out here as he is looking for donations to help with some of the set up costs which to this point he has taken on with his own money. Below is a little bit he wrote to me about it and after that you will find a link to paypal. Any size donation is greatly appreciated.

So basically where i live there is no community football club and a lot of children who want to play football but can't because of this. So i have taken it upon myself to do something about it and start up a football team which isn't as easy as it sounds as after enquiring i found out you must have quite a few FA qualifications (coaching badges) to be allowed to do this, So basically out of my own pocket i have paid for me and two others to complete these coaching courses which set me back £175 per person plus you have to have a child welfare officer so i funded this as well which cost me another £50. Now i have managed to get a kit sponsor and i manage to raise £20 a month at work through doing the football card but I'm still struggling for funds to get enough footballs and training equipment for these children plus i must purchase a first aid kid and pay the league entry fees and hopefully raise enough to get a website. So if there is anyone who would like to help out and make a small donation to the club it would be much appreciated and would be going to a great cause.

This is a secure link to the clubs pay pal account which will direct the funds in to the club treasurer account, you can use your paypal account to donate all a card.

Welcome - PayPal

Thanks NSC

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
A good mate of mine living in Swindon has started up some community football for Children in his area as previously there was none. I know its just after the holidays and many people are skint but I just wanted to put this out here as he is looking for donations to help with some of the set up costs which to this point he has taken on with his own money. Below is a little bit he wrote to me about it and after that you will find a link to paypal. Any size donation is greatly appreciated. Thanks NSC

Hi Peever,

If you can pm me your mates contact details, I’ll see what I can do to help.

Tony, (REMF chairman)

wacko

Jan 30, 2011
Swindon (former Brummy)
Hello I'm the guy Peever has posted this on here for now some of you might be thinking how come I have an account that was opened a few years back well last time I was on here was to donate money towards the Evan memorial as he was a friend of mine.

I just want to clarify that this football team has nothing to do with Swindon town football club and as they already greatly support the community and various charity's I can't really go asking them for stuff. Now I have been doing this all off my own back and I'm not expecting anyone to donate it was just a suggestion off Peever that was worth a shot.

As for dipping beaks into Wiltshire ! Well it's a good job me including alot of other various team fans didn't take that attitude when your fans trust came round the stadiums with their collection pots to bail you out the shit. Short memories eh ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
A good mate of mine living in Swindon has started up some community football for Children in his area as previously there was none. I know its just after the holidays and many people are skint but I just wanted to put this out here as he is looking for donations to help with some of the set up costs which to this point he has taken on with his own money. Below is a little bit he wrote to me about it and after that you will find a link to paypal. Any size donation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks NSC

Hi tell your mate to email me...I did the same 5 years ago and now help run a club with over 230 kids playing for us. Email is rob35311@sky.com.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Hello I'm the guy Peever has posted this on here for
As for dipping beaks into Wiltshire ! Well it's a good job me including alot of other various team fans didn't take that attitude when your fans trust came round the stadiums with their collection pots to bail you out the shit. Short memories eh ?

Hi Wacko, you need to just ignore some of the posters on this board, some of us don't forget.
You might not know of the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund, (there's a section on the REMF a bit further down below "The Big board"), but we've helped many organisations that help 6-16 year olds play football.

Please pm me a few details of your set-up and I'll see what I can do.

wacko

Jan 30, 2011
Swindon (former Brummy)
Firstly i would like to say don't worry i won't tar you all with the same brush as the guy chopsing off above as i have met many of your fans over the years at the game etc and your a decent bunch plus Evan was a legend !

Secondly i can't see i stand any chance of asking Swindon for anything after todays announcement :(

Thirdly i would like to thank those that took the time to read this and those who made a genuine response.

I can see that you guys already do a lot for other football teams which i think is fantastic so i won't be asking for anything as you already do enough for others.

Many Thanks
Wacko :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here