HELP!!! Robbing Train Companies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I cancelled some car insurance that I'd paid for with a debit card, and told them the card had been replaced with a new one, and they said the refund would 'trace back' to my bank account through the old card's numbers. So the technology/software is there for them to accept your new card. They are trying it on, so get on the case and stand your ground :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You think there's too much red tape over ID in this country? An American friend of mine came over to work and had to fly the night before we started shoot here, so no time for errors. He was changing money up at his bank in the US and left his passport in the bank. Only realised when he got to the airport so he rang bank and they had it so he high tailed it to bank. When he asked the cashier for it she said that's fine but they would need to see some photo ID to hand back his passport. It took him some time to explain that he had no other photo ID but if they care to look at his passport the photo in that would verify his identity.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Thanks all for your help and advice. I am going to go into the station on Saturday to see if I can get the tickets at the machine with any card and if not speak to someone at the ticket office to try and obtain the tickets manually.

Wish me luck!

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Thanks all for your help and advice. I am going to go into the station on Saturday to see if I can get the tickets at the machine with any card and if not speak to someone at the ticket office to try and obtain the tickets manually.

Wish me luck!

It would be better for you to ring the London Midland booking office 0844 811 0133 (or 0121 634 2040 from a mobile) they might send out your tickets??
Good luck

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd call them again. This happened to a colleague once with East Coast and common sense prevailed.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
I've collected London Midland tickets on behalf of my other half before, without the original booking credit card - I think they were booked by her workplace. I just went to the issuing station, explained the situation, showed some photo ID and they were fine about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports