Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP! - My iPad has been lost and I have a PHOTO of the guy who might have it

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Tom, I must say, it's a shame your I pad going missing has drawn so much attention. It's taken up Police time, valuable news slots and News paper space, just because some lad wasn't careful with a valuable item.
I don't condone someone unlawfully taking this ipad, but if you can't look after something then in my book, you don't deserve any sympathy!
Sorry for your loss, but move on, just take it as a slightly costly error in your life. By all means trace the person that took it and deal with them as necessary, but don't waste anyone else's time with your feck up!

TBF, this has been one of the more interesting posts, and to get top billing off meridian, just shows that yesterday there was no "duck walking down street" stories about. :)

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
How do we know it was a crime for definite (lol, sound like Poirot)

As there maybe a few people jumping up and down with my opinion on this, can anyone please comment or correct on these few issues I have with the this whole thing? I have read back on the thread, but may have missed the answers. Apologies if I have.
Firstly what was Tom doing in Tesco with a £500 Ipad?
Secondly, why wasn't the Ipad secured to Tom to prevent a likely thief or possible loss of the item?
Thirdly, are we sure the Ipad was actually taken without consent? Most people on here are commenting in a way, that the man in the photo has stolen the Ipad from Tom, are we sure that Tom didn't drop the Ipad unknowingly and then lost, only for the man in the photo or someone connected to have found it and taken it home for safe keeping until they returned it to the owner of the property where the item was lost (Tesco)

Cheers for you input lads, regarding my thoughts on this.

Lizards. The answer is lizards.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

As there maybe a few people jumping up and down with my opinion on this, can anyone please comment or correct on these few issues I have with the this whole thing? I have read back on the thread, but may have missed the answers. Apologies if I have.
Secondly, why wasn't the Ipad secured to Tom to prevent a likely thief or possible loss of the item?
Thirdly, are we sure the Ipad was actually taken without consent? Most people on here are commenting in a way, that the man in the photo has stolen the Ipad from Tom, are we sure that Tom didn't drop the Ipad unknowingly and then lost, only for the man in the photo or someone connected to have found it and taken it home for safe keeping until they returned it to the owner of the property where the item was lost (Tesco)

Do you think women are to blame if they get raped? Do you blame parents who only turn away for a second and lose their child or the child has some sort of accident?

1) He was using it for his shopping list (a cooking app, I presume)
2) It was in his trolley, in the child seat, it's not much use in a bag tied up if he's using it for a shopping list. He made it round the store and out before it disappeared.
3) The person who "found" the ipad has committed a crime by not making efforts to return it, theft by finding at the least (assuming he didn't pinch it while tom was distracted). There was a store nearby that is the logical place to turn it in for lost and found. The police have not had it turned in. This has got quite a bit of press and the guy hasn't piped up to announce he's been trying to return it. By taking something so valuable and not taking reasonable steps to find its owner, he is committing a crime.

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Direct Dave must be on a wind-up, surely. I was about to say no-one can be that much of a prick, but then I remembered some of the other SLICES that have used or do use this site.

Direct Dave

Oct 26, 2011
Direct Dave must be on a wind-up, surely. I was about to say no-one can be that much of a prick, but then I remembered some of the other SLICES that have used or do use this site.

I'll take that as a compliment my friend.

Just for the record, my whole issue with this is,
Tom who took a £500 device shopping, the escalation surrounding events following the loss of Tom's Ipad, pushed by Tom and friends and lastly the fella in the hat has been deemed a criminal by some on here, just because his faced appeared on the lost or stolen device. (there's no evidence whatsoever, to say the man in the hat took Tom's Ipad, as Tom first stated, but this was not taken on board by many)

I'll leave my thoughts on the issue now as I appear to be getting too many on the defensive.
Good luck Tom in finding your Ipad, and maybe next time you'll be a bit more careful with your toys..

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I am sure that the police have their time wasted by far more idiotic things ( Friday nights in the town centre spring to mind, 99% of matches at Withdean etc etc )

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Direct Dave did you not spot the post that said the first photo of the dog appeared within an hour or two of the ipad going missing?

Possibly enough time for the tea-leaf or 'finder' to have sold it on to the man with the dog but then again...maybe not.

And as we are almost a month later now, surely the fact that floppy-hat man has not returned the ipad would suggest that even if he was initially just a 'finder' who couldn't believe his luck, then things have now moved on and there has been an intention by someone to 'permanently deprive' Tom of his ipad.

Intention to permanently deprive = thieving I think?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've just had a thought, looking at that f***ing stupid hat .............

Have you circulated the picture around any juggling "workshops"?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Tom, I must say, it's a shame your I pad going missing has drawn so much attention. It's taken up Police time, valuable news slots and News paper space, just because some lad wasn't careful with a valuable item.
I don't condone someone unlawfully taking this ipad, but if you can't look after something then in my book, you don't deserve any sympathy!
Sorry for your loss, but move on, just take it as a slightly costly error in your life. By all means trace the person that took it and deal with them as necessary, but don't waste anyone else's time with your feck up!

What a twat!!

Spot on bluenose!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We're going to track you down [MENTION=22240]Direct Dave[/MENTION] and then you'll be in trouble. Especially if you don't give the ipad back.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

Is every householder who leaves a window open and gets burgled, every car owner that leaves it unlocked, every old dear that leaves their purse on the counter. Are they all not deserving of sympathy because they can't look after something. Are they all wasting valuable police time. You seem to be promoting a world where everything not tied down is fair game?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I had my wallet stolen in a pub the other week that sucked, and finding Brighton Police station is hell.

As for the guy getting to much help, he should get all the help he needs he had he property stolen has an idea now how to get it back, should be able to do it anyway he can. Good luck

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No new news? I can't believe that no one knows this man.

Direct Dave

Oct 26, 2011
Is every householder who leaves a window open and gets burgled, every car owner that leaves it unlocked, every old dear that leaves their purse on the counter. Are they all not deserving of sympathy because they can't look after something. Are they all wasting valuable police time. You seem to be promoting a world where everything not tied down is fair game?

I'm just following the same view as the police...
For a long time the Police have run a campaign called 'Lock it or Lose it' This campaign is mainly run to try and cut down on time spent by Police dealing with petty crime.
But yes theft is wrong and it's not fair game.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Direct Dave is on a wind up :fishing:
I'd like to know what newspapers he reads if he thinks it is taking up valuable news space. Brilliant

Doha

Jan 12, 2012
Doha, Qatar
I reckon THIS is a BIG insurance SCAM, buffoon LOSES his Ipad and the insurance people won't PAY out so the buffoon COOKS up a story involving a DOG and a prat in a HAT to make OUT it is some SORT of big BLAG so he SHAMES the insurance people into COUGHING up.

I'm not STUPID you know and you can't FOOL me but you can fool THOUSANDS of others on here.

Do YOU have SOMEONE who LOOKS after YOU ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here