Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP!!!!! I've got chicken pox

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
My mum told me she used to deliberatley take me round to her friends houses when i was little when their kids had things like Cicken Pox, Mumps etc so i would get them all and done with it ha ha !!
There is logic in mothers behaviour sometimes bless her !!

Definately mate, works too (most of the time)

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I had shingles two weeks ago - internally in my ear canal and mouth it was so painful - still not right now - stress and upset can set it off again and it can last for months apparently according to my doctor - very painful but I hadn't been feeling great for about four weeks before the blisters came out in my ear and mouth!!

You have my sympathys and get well really soon x

D

Deleted User X18H

It is certainly doing the rounds. Both my kids have had it recently. Remember no one is 100% immune if they have had it before.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i had it when i was 35 - sorry to say mate if you get a bad dose - you will be off work for at least 3 weeks - its f***ing terrible - but you have the footy i spose - you will start to feel really bad i am afraid very feverish in the next few days. Get the doc round there is some drug they give cant remember what it is but is treat the symptoms of herpes (form of chicken pox) and works well. Good luck and dont sratch the fuckers.....

I had chicken pox in my 30s after catching it from my kids. I then had shingles 5 years ago. The drug the doc can give you is a tablet form of Zovirax which helps. I was off work for 2 weeks but felt drained for weeks afterwards so rest as much as you can.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I had chicken pox in my 30s after catching it from my kids. I then had shingles 5 years ago. The drug the doc can give you is a tablet form of Zovirax which helps. I was off work for 2 weeks but felt drained for weeks afterwards so rest as much as you can.

Aciclovir. Only effective if taken within the first 48 hours of the start f the virus unfortunately.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Thanks for your suggestions and good wishes people. I went to bed at 4.30 yesterday and only just woken up. I'm not a good patient and just want to be up and at work. But the way I feel this morning it was an effort just to get up and call in sick to work.

D

Deleted User X18H

Thanks for your suggestions and good wishes people. I went to bed at 4.30 yesterday and only just woken up. I'm not a good patient and just want to be up and at work. But the way I feel this morning it was an effort just to get up and call in sick to work.

Big effort though being able to log on and post on here. Hope you feel better soon.

wag chaser

Feb 18, 2009
Sympathies mate. I caught it in my mid thirties. Remember being gutted because it meant I was going to miss
Albion at home (withdean days) to Lincoln if my memory serves me right. Think the game was called off though.
Probably frozen pitch but am sure someone out there will correct me

braintree

Jan 12, 2010
You just wanted this week off didn't you? Did you get this off your kids? Have they both now had it?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Definitely a good idea for parents to get their kids exposed to it early to get it over and done with. Can barely remember having it myself. Must be horrendous to have as an adult, get well soon

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
You just wanted this week off didn't you? Did you get this off your kids? Have they both now had it?

Ha ha, if I was doing it properly I would have made sure I was off next week, a full week of the Euro's. In some vain hope I want to be back at work next week. God knows who or how I got it. Both my 2 are fine, not for long I guess.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
My mum told me she used to deliberatley take me round to her friends houses when i was little when their kids had things like Cicken Pox, Mumps etc so i would get them all and done with it ha ha !!
There is logic in mothers behaviour sometimes bless her !!

Yet....Homer does it one step better :thumbsup:

[yt]JFP1RO8-9NU[/yt]

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
I got it at 52!!!!! I'd just started a new job, working with kids, & was off work for over a month! Don't go back to work too early, I never fully recovered & had to take early retirement (Lovely!). I've still got the scars to prove it, too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here