Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP Horsham FC GET A NEW GROUND

Horsham were a great little team once upon a time with a healthy support but rank bad management. They over paid their players and ran up huge debts (for a small club) only themselves to blame.

Having been brought up in Horsham and knowing the full circumstances not sure I'm willing to support, sorry.

Seems a tad harsh to me. The paragraph one criteria could also be applied to the Albion, and well before Archer, Stanley and Bellotti etc rolled into town.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was a Ball-Boy at Horsham FC in the late 60s, crappy red tracksuit (never worked out why) with Tony Smiths Sports on the back. Anyway off to sign up now

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Signed, I go as often as I can to Gorings Mead, would be brilliant for Horsham to have a home once more.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
This is not as straightforward as some would make out. I played football for Royal & Sun Alliance in the West Sussex Leagues at what is now the Holbrook club. They ran 5 football teams, a rugby team and a cricket team out of that site (two football pitches, 1 rugby, cricket square and hockey pitch plus tennis courts snooker and rifle range indoor sports hall, gym). When Horsham football club bought the site from RSA they essentially wanted to build a football stadium and some housing over some of these local facilities.

Luckily this never stood a chance of getting planning permission as the site has never been previously designated for housing. It has always been earmarked for use as a sports club. Horsham football club was then left with no ground of its own and a sports club they could not develop. This now seems to be a cut down version of the former plan but does not change the fact that local sports facilities are being built on. These facilities are well used by people throughout Sussex.

Its a no from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here