Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP: Does anyone still have a newspaper from Wednesday?

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
My son was born on Wednesday (29th) and in the excitement, I forgot all about buying some newspapers from the day to keep for him in the future. Then I had a brainwave, surely the good people of NSC could possibly help...

Don't suppose anyone still has one from then, maybe it's not been put in recycling yet?

Would really appreciate it if I could come pick it up if local or if you're coming to the next home game, collect it from you there.

Happy with any title paper, the more the merrier, would be good to give him a wide range of quality!

Thanks! :)

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
My son was born on Wednesday (29th) and in the excitement, I forgot all about buying some newspapers from the day to keep for him in the future. Then I had a brainwave, surely the good people of NSC could possibly help...

Don't suppose anyone still has one from then, maybe it's not been put in recycling yet?

Would really appreciate it if I could come pick it up if local or if you're coming to the next home game, collect it from you there.

Happy with any title paper, the more the merrier, would be good to give him a wide range of quality!

God help me, but I have copies of The Sun, The Argus and...gulp, The Daily Mail if you need them?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By the way (how remiss of us), Congratulations Artois!

What's your son's name?

It's a great thing to do. For each of my three offspring, I kept a newspaper not just for the day that they were born, but for every birthday until their 21st.

Even if they don't want them, it's a good way to insulate the loft.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Have you tried asking your local newsagent? If they don't have any, they may be able to point you in the direction of someone who can help?

Oh and many congratulations.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think most papers allow you to order back issues, so if there are any in particular you'd want, get in contact with them.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
At least if you buy him all the papers on every birthday, you will only have to do it every four years.

You could ask at your local library as to what they do with the papers when they have finished them.

And I have a Guardian, which i would happily put in the post at my own expense (second class) if there is a way of getting your address. I have never used all this PM stuff, not having registered that long ago.

But if I hear nothing soon, I might forget and put it in the recycling.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Thanks for your responses guys. Really appreciate it. Brought the little guy home yesterday afternoon so have been a bit hectic here.

I'll PM you all about collecting.

Thanks again! :thumbs up:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Another great idea is to buy the CD single that was number one the day they were born.

Mind you the way technology is moving your child might laugh in 18 years and ask what a cd does !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a Guardian complete with G2. PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here