Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello Brighton friends. Blackpool weekend.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I remember you posting A few months back when the fixtures came out, don't listen to the shit that people give you, you'll be welcomed at many pubs and bars before and after the game! Id meet up for a pre match beer but unfortunately I'm hot footing it back from holiday that day to make the match! Good luck

My god, what a stuck up your own a**e load of replies.

Utter snobs some of you. Better than everyone are you?

We already have booked our hotel room I said that twice on this thread (thanks for hotel advice anyway).

So I came in peace not for a row and got loads of abuse about my town.

As for not being travellers, what a p**** of the highest order.
Obviously last season we were premier league and sold out most away games, but we have a fantastic reputation for travelling in numbers, just ask any fan of any London team (except Dagenham who we have never played).

Brighton is around 300 miles or more from Blackpool, a 6 or 7 hour drive. Last time we played at your Royal superior city, it was live on sky tv and we were mid table in the 3rd division at the time. Won't mention our other visits to yours over the decades as the cyber warriors will be out.

Anyway, very funny sending us to gay bars, can't stop laughing at that.

You all know what I look like (pic on profile) we are coming down to watch the football, have a few beers and meet friendly locals, take loads of pics of the superior town mentioned and generally pass on our northern warmth and friendliness around (you're mostly to snobby to understand what being nice to strangers means).

Very disappointed in some replies.

Up the Pool!

Welcome to NSC.... better known for reasons that will soon become obvious to you as Slice Island.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
How does a Blackpool fan (?) not know that the match is in ten days time and believes it to be this
weekend?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
As wanky as the wanky replies are when you say things like "we thought you were a seaside resort" and "uk's number one resort" etc then you're going to get that. I thought maybe that was, for want of a better word, banter but seemingly not being able to take a joke about Kemp Town comes across as too humourless for that.... especially from a friendly northerner. Also the obviously huge naiviete of the question.

I hope blackpool do sell out though. Be good to see it TOTALLY full.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
WE ALREADY HAVE BOOKED OUR HOTEL!
Thanks very much for the hotel advice, but
WE PAID FOR OUR HOTEL A FEW DAYS AFTER THE FIXTURES CAME OUT!
I'd put this link on our messageboard, but it will only attract our cyber idiots.

Will post again nearer the match, so thanks again folks.

P.S. If you read my threads (about 5 on here now) we have already booked our hotel, but a lot of Blackpool fans are still looking.

This thread started with you saying many of your fans were struggling to get accommodation. So why have a go at the 90% trying to help these people (not you we CAN read), save it for the 10% of cyber jockeys which every club's boards have who slagged off Blackpool. Lytham St Anne's is lovely btw. I would suggest to those people (not you) Eastbourne too, but that Bexhill is probably further than people would want to travel. Lewes is lovely and even closer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Blimey.

A lot of quite embarassing responses from normally sound BHA posters on this thread.
A mere handful went too far, rather than "a lot", IMO, so no real need for the likes of you to get all pompous. Some of us simply responded to the OP's own banter with our own fairly gentle efforts, unaware that he was one of these muppets who likes to dish it out but gets stroppy when he gets it back. Silent Bob sums it up quite well.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
My god, what a stuck up your own a**e load of replies.

Utter snobs some of you. Better than everyone are you?

We already have booked our hotel room I said that twice on this thread (thanks for hotel advice anyway).

So I came in peace not for a row and got loads of abuse about my town.

As for not being travellers, what a p**** of the highest order.
Obviously last season we were premier league and sold out most away games, but we have a fantastic reputation for travelling in numbers, just ask any fan of any London team (except Dagenham who we have never played).

Brighton is around 300 miles or more from Blackpool, a 6 or 7 hour drive. Last time we played at your Royal superior city, it was live on sky tv and we were mid table in the 3rd division at the time. Won't mention our other visits to yours over the decades as the cyber warriors will be out.

Anyway, very funny sending us to gay bars, can't stop laughing at that.

You all know what I look like (pic on profile) we are coming down to watch the football, have a few beers and meet friendly locals, take loads of pics of the superior town mentioned and generally pass on our northern warmth and friendliness around (you're mostly to snobby to understand what being nice to strangers means).

Very disappointed in some replies.

Up the Pool!

don't be so precious mate! who's being snobby on this thread? the fact is the city of brighton & hove is nothing like blackpool. at all. and hotels here are very expensive and hard to book in the summer months. and as far as i'm aware, blackpool don't have a reputation for taking huge numbers away. what's the issue?

you asked for hotel tips and you got loads from us. i think you're one of those grumpy northerners with a huge greasy chip on your shoulder who grumbles around complaining about everything and anything.

anyway hope you have a lovely weekend in brighton. enjoy the game. good luck for the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here