Heineken Cup Round 6

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
I know there are some fans on NSC so I thought I'd start a thread.

The Might Quins can qualify tonight as a 'lucky loser' if they can overcome Connacht away. (It's on Sky and err.. one or two streams elsewhere..)
If Gloucester can beat Toulouse, Quins can top their group and maybe avoid Leinster and Munster in the Quarter Finals.

Saracens are the only English club through, but despite Richard Cockerill suggesting that the salary cap means the French are ahead of the game it looks like there may be only two French teams at best in the Quarters.

The Irish clearly are ahead of the game though, and it looks like both Glasgow and Edinburgh could be in there too.

Monsieur Wabee

Apr 30, 2009
Cowfold
I'll be roaring on the Quins later. It's going to be tough based on their last couple of games, but they should sneak it.

We need a big favour from Gloucester, sadly I think Toulouse will flatten them.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was in Ulster for the Tigers game last week, and the young team they have put together is really exciting. Having said that, I can't see an English team winning the HC under the current salary cap. Maybe that might change with the marquee signing next season, but I'm not that confident.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Quinns could win with a bonus point and still not go into the next round though.

I hope they go through and Cardiff

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I know there are some fans on NSC so I thought I'd start a thread.

The Might Quins can qualify tonight as a 'lucky loser' if they can overcome Connacht away. (It's on Sky and err.. one or two streams elsewhere..)
If Gloucester can beat Toulouse, Quins can top their group and maybe avoid Leinster and Munster in the Quarter Finals.

Saracens are the only English club through, but despite Richard Cockerill suggesting that the salary cap means the French are ahead of the game it looks like there may be only two French teams at best in the Quarters.

The Irish clearly are ahead of the game though, and it looks like both Glasgow and Edinburgh could be in there too.

Cockerall banging on about the salary cap is not our biggest problem. Our biggest problem is the style of play used by the likes of Tigers. I like to see them do badly, in the hope that we will drop attritional rugby in favour of southern hemisphere style open rugby.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
I don't think the salary cap is a major issue. The French (who we apparently cannot compete with) may only get 1 or 2 through this time. I think the Irish have the secret with the youngsters they bring through so well.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't think the salary cap is a major issue. The French (who we apparently cannot compete with) may only get 1 or 2 through this time. I think the Irish have the secret with the youngsters they bring through so well.

Although the "secret" is basically funnelling every decent player into 2 teams, not ideal for domestic rugby in some ways, although suits a smaller country I guess.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Although the "secret" is basically funnelling every decent player into 2 teams, not ideal for domestic rugby in some ways, although suits a smaller country I guess.

3 decent teams now though. I think their time is coming.

Will be a really interesting 6 nations this year.

Will Wales be able to build on a successful World Cup.
England? Surely the only way is up?
Will France benefit from a proper manager?
Can Scotland pick up from their 2 main club sides good Heineken Cup form?
Can Ireland improve with the young pushing out the old?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yes! C'mon Connacht!

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I'll be roaring on the Quins later. It's going to be tough based on their last couple of games, but they should sneak it.

We need a big favour from Gloucester, sadly I think Toulouse will flatten them.

Just got back from Kingsholm!
Mighty Quins?
Toulouse will flatten them?

C'mon Glaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
So the winner of the Edinburgh v Cardiff game can now get a home draw for the quarters.

And the loser of the above if picking up a losing bonus point can still make the next round or the winner of Biarritz v Ospreys if they pick up a winning bonus point.

My brain hurts!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Rugby is an amazingly stupid game played by overweight guys without the skill required to play football.

Please keep rugger stuff off this board. Find your own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports