Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heel pain in children (Severs disease)

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
My son had something very similar to the symptons you describe. He was diagnosed with plantar fasciitus , which was basically severe pain running the plantar muscle of the foot culminating in what he described as a broken heel bone. We tried everything , paded shoes , jelly pads in his football boots . He had it from the age of 10 to 14. He played sunday football and was soon demoted from the first team , because he could not even train let alone play. It then seemed to get better , so he joined the junior seagulls , and it came back. He played a whole season with pain killers , but in the end he had to give up. There is no real treatment for it except stretching on the balls of his foot . Ironically , he gave up football and took up skateboarding. He was able to skateboard without any pain because he used different muscles in his foot . .... He is now 16, and although he occasionally feels a twinge , it has pretty much gone now.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Both my sons have it. Has been a tricky 2 years.
Take them to Dr and get them referred to a physio. They will make shaped inserts and give them exercises which will help them cope with the pain.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here