Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hector Christie

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Who is Hector Christie? On Country House rescue (C4) wearing a Brighton scarf and hat. Seems to own a country house in Devon that needs repair and is a bit of an eccentric.

Other than that, anyone else know whether he frequents this board etc. Seems to be a bit of a character

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"As eldest son and heir to the Christie family, Hector was due to inherit London’s Glyndebourne Opera House. Instead, while in a Brighton nightclub, Hector flipped a coin with his younger brother to decide on Glyndebourne’s fate - Hector won but was not interested in opera so decided to take on the lesser known Tapeley Park and ended up with an equally grand abode which has been in the family for 300 years."

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quite a lot about this bloke if you google him...

"The house and estate were inherited by her son, John Christie, who founded the famous opera at Glyndebourne, where he spent the other half of time when he wasn’t at Tapeley. Tapeley was then inherited by his daughter, another Rosamund, who frugally ran the house until her death in 1988 and was known for conducting the tours with a parrot on her head. The current owner is one Hector Christie, Rosamund’s nephew, who apparently decided with his brother who was to inherit Glyndebourne and Tapeley by flipping a coin whilst in a Brighton nightclub. Hector, though Eton-educated, is something of a rebel, once sneaking into a Labour party conference to heckle Tony Blair about the Iraq war, and also extending a fairly broad invitation to various hippies to create something of an eco-commune at Tapeley."

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
That stately home is a mere 2 miles from my house. A good friend of mine's family run a tea shop there and it has a large hippy commune living there. By all accounts Christie is a right eccentric loon. I think he stood in the latest council elections as a green party candidate.
He's a hereditary peer and if memory serves has been arrested at least once for protesting about environmental issues.

Jul 25, 2003
Saltdean
And about 10 miles from my house. Hector's played local league football but didn't realise he was an Albion supporter. Good to see a few Seagulls in North Devon.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Couldn't believe my eyes when he was showing Ruth whatsername round the gardens wearing his Albion scarf wrapped round his neck!

I always knew that us Brighton fans were well-bred!

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
And about 10 miles from my house. Hector's played local league football but didn't realise he was an Albion supporter. Good to see a few Seagulls in North Devon.

He played Western League footy for Bideford iirc.

Where do you live then NKM? I live in Fremington. Not a Brighton fan btw, just good mates with somone who is and I like this forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here