Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heating watch.First time tonight.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I always set the rule that it can't go on until the clocks go back. Until then it's summer. Put a jumper on! However....I usually find the wife has hidden the remote stat and put it on when she wants! Gas companies make enough imo! Hold out as long you can!

Last year we had to put the heating on at the beginning of September after returning from a two week holiday in Eastbourne made it felt really cold on our return to the northern wastelands.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
The mornings are a bit nippy, but I'm still in work shorts and t-shirt. Another month and I think an hours worth of heating before my alarm to stop my fear of getting out of the shower.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It must be nice to be on the business end of that Gulf Stream.

34ºF/1ºC here last night.

Heat's been on for near a month, albeit only one night in four or so.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm living out on my own now and having to pay my own monthly bills for the first time. I'm going to try and avoid turning the heating on at all if I can help it (famous last words...), and just close windows/wrap up in extra layers/rely on heat from the downstairs maisonette insulating my own place here. It doesn't help though that I suffer from a condition that turns my fingers and toes several interesting shades of blue and orange in chilly weather.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Still shorts on. My school is ridiculously warm and I only have to spend 45 minutes outside.

My job can involve running after pupils, a lot of moving about and sometimes 30 minute retrains of kids, so I prefer to feel comfortable. Not a massive fan of trousers.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last night but not today.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Switched heating on this morning as it was cold in the house. Warmed it up and now it's just on thermostat.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Considered it, as our house gets quite cold (end of terrace plus no direct sunlight into our living room). We have all new doors and windows so might give it a test to see how effective they are. Haven't bled the radiators from last winter so want to do that first.

I put a hoodie on instead and found my thick socks. Did the trick.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Put it on for the first time this evening. Hopefully won't need it again for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here