Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Heads Up: Planned Engineering Works Affecting SF Day

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just did a quick check. Seems to be various bits'n'pieces on the Southern network. Most likely to affect travelling fans is no trains between Worthing/Littlehampton and Brighton, just the dreaded replacement bus service. Full details here:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just did a quick check. Seems to be various bits'n'pieces on the Southern network. Most likely to affect travelling fans is no trains between Worthing/Littlehampton and Brighton, just the dreaded replacement bus service. Full details here:

You should ask the mods to add your thread to this one:
https://www.northstandchat.com/thre...tations-of-sussex.400172/page-2#post-10606539 :wink:

Jul 7, 2003
For those using Thameslink:

No Thameslink trains will run through central London between London St Pancras International and London Blackfriars / London Bridge.

Won't affect those using the Jubilee line but cuts off the option of using the Metropolitan line via St Pancras to jump the queues on the way back.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I don't think these engineering works will be cancelled they don't directly affect the route to London, just go to London Bridge and change for Jubilee Line.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stamford Bridge, the week before, remember folks a football team is for life not just FA cup semi final day, also looks narly.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Sorry to derail the thread (terrible pun intended) ... it's also same day as London Marathon

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Oh well, getting a lift to Brighton station Sunday morning. Then get a taxi back to Worthing from Brighton on the return journey.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Oh well, getting a lift to Brighton station Sunday morning. Then get a taxi back to Worthing from Brighton on the return journey.
I might need to share a taxi back to Lancing . I'll look out for you. (y)

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I really am sorry to hear of anyone affected by this. I shall most likely be staying in Hove and travelling up from there SF day but I could've been coming from LA so I know what an absolute nightmare it could be for some.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Stamford Bridge, the week before, remember folks a football team is for life not just FA cup semi final day, also looks narly.
Should he fine, full service on all routes out of Sussex. Just Victoria closed so everything runs into London Bridge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should he fine, full service on all routes out of Sussex. Just Victoria closed so everything runs into London Bridge.
Odd - Trainline had the journey at 2hrs 49 mins to Clapham Junction.
It would have been much quicker to go to Waterloo via Havant.

Anyhoo still a couple of weeks before it actually matters.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Odd - Trainline had the journey at 2hrs 49 mins to Clapham Junction.
It would have been much quicker to go to Waterloo via Havant.

Anyhoo still a couple of weeks before it actually matters.
Its probably because the South West route is the only service into Clapham and has you avoiding the tube. The buses from Croydon to Clapham are non advertised to get people onto local bus routes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here