Head Count - Did you attend the 1983 FA Cup Semi Final v Sheff Wed?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes

Strangull

Jul 11, 2003
Si !!!
Travelled up in a transit, no back seating, slip sliding away !!:lolol:

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
And who admits to laughing when they handed out the vouchers before the Stoke game (cold, wet February relegation battle) ?

"In the event of Albion reaching the Cup Final, this voucher will entitle the holder to one ticket"

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
I was there, 16 years old in a big group from Warden Park School. Just to the right behind the goal at the Clock End. I was also there for the Arsenal/Brighton league match earlier in the season.

I remember taking a radio into school to listen to the semi-final draw. About 30 of us huddled around, all desperately wanting Wednesday, the weakest of the three other teams in the hat. We went ballistic, for the first time I really felt we were destined for Wembley.

Being an Albion supporter has been a rollercoaster ride over the years. But that season was an amazing experience. I feel sorry for the younger fans who have had nothing like it (yet?) to enjoy since the 'Golden Years'.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I was there. Took my girlfriend who passed out just before kick off, so I said she should wait outside and see if she felt better. Saw her again at full time - despite all this we still got married!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh yes, I was there.

A coach full of supporters, 4 pints in the pub before, a beautiful sunny day, Case's 35 yard free kick, Robertsons winner, Wembley here we come.

I am not ashamed to admit I cried at the end as my chest was bursting with pride.

My greatest ever Albion game.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Fantastic day. A few pints in Newington Green, a kebab (innit pips?), and then the match. A great day indeed.

I think that moment when Case scored the goal was one of those moments that are almost indescribable. Same with Cullips header against Chesterfield. Great Albion moments.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Simster said:
I hate these 1983 threads. :angry:

I was 11 years old and Brighton mad at that time. Now I always think my mum and dad did a great job at bringing us up, especially as they got divorced and still made sure we spent a similar amount of time at each of their houses. But bloody hell, what would I have given for just oone of my parents to have a mere passing interest in the local football team? :angry: :shootself

To make matters worse, Hurstpierpoint had a powercut in the middle of the cup final meaning I missed those goals when live. The electricity company said the powercut was caused by too many people making a cup of tea at half time.

Yeah, like they couldn't see that demand coming... :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

I know this is a cry from the heart, but it does make me smile. To not go to the games and then have a powercut .......... you will be able to laugh about this when there is a bit of distance between you and the events of 1983.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was there. My Dad took me (and stumped up the cash for the tickets - thanks mate!). Highlight of the day was Jimmy Case's freekick.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yup. Case's goal. Fozzie's goal line clearance and falling on his septic elbow stands out for some reason.

How hot was it.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I was there aged a mere 13 years old. We arrived at the ground at 12:30 and first of all stood in the clock end but then moved round to the side opposite the tunnel.

Great Days

Keith B Wetherill

Oct 6, 2003
Helsinki,Finland
My late wife and I used to sit in the South stand at that time,next to us was a 89 year old guy named JOHN COUSTIC who had attended every home game at the Goldstone since 1913 but never been to ANY away game.
We arranged (as a surprise) a limmo with seagull flag and chauffeur and took John as our guest to see the semi at Highbury..
Fantastic! he was completely overcome and as well as the match which was awesome,watching the pleasure on that guys face was very moving!!!:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports