Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2023/24 edition)

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Still shorts and t shirt, I might push back the November agreement with the Mrs to December.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm finding it very annoying. I go out with the dog wearing a t-shirt & a very lightweight jacket as there's a 'slight' nip in the air & end up carrying the jacket after 10 minutes. The leaves on the ground are crunchy due to heat & there's no disgusting water for my dog to drink from tree root dips, let alone puddles. I was on the seafront on Sat eve, amazed by the fact that even at 10pm I didn't have to put on a jacket. I hope the rain isn't being saved up for the Ajax game. I was completely drenched after the AEK game but couldn't justify putting on the heating to dry my shoes out & now they bloody stink & I've had to chuck them away! 🤦‍♀️
I head out around 6:30 for the first dog walk of the day.

This morning, even though it was still dark, I could see it was very misty on the Downs, so I went with three, yes three, layers. T-shirt, hoody and a thin jacket.

For 45 minutes of the 50-minute walk, I had the two outer layers tied around my waist. A single t-shirt layer was more than warm enough.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I head out around 6:30 for the first dog walk of the day.

This morning, even though it was still dark, I could see it was very misty on the Downs, so I went with three, yes three, layers. T-shirt, hoody and a thin jacket.

For 45 minutes of the 50-minute walk, I had the two outer layers tied around my waist. A single t-shirt layer was more than warm enough.
It's that low lying mist/cloud that makes you think it's going to be freezing, but the only thing that suggests it's October, is walking into cobwebs that some nauseating spider has just spent hours building since the last time you walked into it! 🤦‍♀️

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Our heating is on, but with the thermostat set very low 10 degrees. It actually came on briefly the other morning, which took the chill off. I have turned the thermostat down a bit more though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blasted it for 10 minutes this morning. Partly just to check it's working after so long.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
It’d need to be about 18 degrees cooler for me to put ours on.
Nowhere near coat weather either.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It’s on here, I’m looking slightly disappointed at caving so early, the other half is on the sofa in a vest top and shorts.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
On now.

Working from home when it's 15°c is just not comfortable

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Underfloor heating turned on for the time today!

Attachments

• 92140778-F597-4843-89F5-81B52DE62226.jpeg
    92140778-F597-4843-89F5-81B52DE62226.jpeg
    706.5 KB · Views: 33

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have closed the roof lights. They were open earlier. Cold outside but lovely and warm in my downstairs (if you'll pardonte expression). We like it cool upstairs where the bedrooms are. Window still opnen

Mind you it was 23 degrees here yesterday. Outside. Marvellous.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Yep, thermostat was set to 17 degrees and it came on overnight. As I'm such a rebel I've upped the thermostat to 18.5 until I go to bed, then I'll turn it back down if I remember.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Late afternoon I swopped my shorts for jeans. Tomorrow wifey and I are off out to buy a huge rug as removing the carpet in the lounge and laying wooden flooring maybe wasn't a good idea.
Meanwhile I've used the rugby as an excuse to go to bed early, the fact I'm on here proves I'm not too bothered about the egg bashers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here