Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2022/23 edition)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
TBH I’m a bit freaked out, coz I’m sure I remember bonfire nights of my childhood being genuinely frosty more often than not, yet here we are less than a week away with the temperatures in the mid to high teens.
It’s ridiculous isn’t it?

We were out on Saturday evening and got back home around half past midnight. I took the dog onto the Downs for a few minutes before bedtime. I was wearing just a t-shirt and I wasn't remotely cold.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It’s ridiculous isn’t it?

We were out on Saturday evening and got back home around half past midnight. I took the dog onto the Downs for a few minutes before bedtime. I was wearing just a t-shirt and I wasn't remotely cold.
Yup, I’m someone who increasingly likes feeling warm as I get older, yet I haven’t needed a winter jacket yet this autumn. Waterproofs yes, “warm” jacket, no.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I haven’t turned it off yet……..
This was yesterday!
1137DBB0-3BD3-44F0-95BC-D4B00988EA60.jpeg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Finally turned it on yesterday evening when the temperature in the hall fell to 16. Have programmed 2 x 2 hour sessions of 18, with the minimum temp set at 17 so it will come on at any time if it gets colder than that. There is a hint of frost this morning and according to the smart meter, it has cost £1 so far to keep the house at 17 overnight and 18 from 6am, so that's not too bad. Will see how much it costs to maintain the temp during the day. Need to check the boiler when it comes on to see if it is working efficiently having turned the temp down to 60.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not yet. We have a coal effect gas fire in our cosy front room which we have used a couple of times in the evening, but even then turned it off early yesterday evening from its lowest setting because it was too cosy.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Our home is currently 15C so have cracked out the thermal long johns. Determined to get to December without sticking the heating on :lol:
Luckily for me, the wife & son don't feel the cold as much as me so I just have to work out how to keep myself warm!

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Forecast for this morning was a bit chilly, so filled the woodburner last night, and lit it about 5 this morning.
Lovely and warm but... it STANK!
I should have dusted it properly before lighting it. :ohmy:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Nope. No intention until December at the earliest. Well insulated house so no need. Extra jumper if cold (and stop wearing shorts around the house WFH), dogs all have jumpers/fleeces to keep them warm at night as well. Off to Malaysia and Singapore at the end of the month, which will e an interesting contrast!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
We’ve had it on for an hour last 2 evenings, not because we were cold, but we needed to dry clothes particularly school uniform. I’ve assumed that’s cheaper than running the tumble drier.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
🥶

(no)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
MIne came on this morning for the first time since 30 September - thermostat set at 20°C
Yes, ours is on a thermostat so we don’t switch it on or off. It switched on yesterday morning, at 06.00, didn’t come on in the evening, and the same this morning.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Getting very close to pulling the trigger. Sitting here in three jumpers.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Heating on for the first time this winter. Damn it's cold tonight. Wont need it Saturday as sat in a coach and for £50 I'm going to have their heating on full.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yep, heating on this evening, and would have had it on this morning had I got up earlier.

However, after tomorrow morning, it is forecast to be milder with airflow from the west and south in from the Atlantic for two weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here