[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2016 edition]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Gave the heating a quick pre cold weather test a few weeks ago.....poxy thing did not work....cost me £250 as the boiler was 6 months out of warranty....( manufacturers did come out and the 250 includes a full years call out and inclusive repairs)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Haven't had the heating on yet. But we've a big old inglenook fireplace that's currently burning a lovely bit of well-seasoned oak.

Generally light the fire around mid-September and carry on through to Easter weekend.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Not yet, and the opening salvos of the annual thermostat war haven't even been fired yet. That being said we have moved from a cosy terraced house to a detached house this year so I am expecting to hoist the flag of surrender earlier this year (without ever admitting that I'd quite like the heating on too, of course).

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Not yet but expecting it to be dropped into conversation by the Wife any day now... Will probably switch it on for half hour at the weekend to see if anything needs bleeding but will be sure to do this when she's out :thumbsup:

Filipino Pat

Aug 24, 2014
There's a lot of things about the UK I miss - but worrying about the heating isn't one of them... I've other concerns living in the Philippines at the mo of course...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not yet. But Mrs Tackle is giving me daggers about the chilly back room :lolol:

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Battle of the thermostat time of year.

Mrs SUA Seagull has, on a few occasions during the last week or so "tested out the heating, just to make sure it's working for the winter". I, however, am still wandering around most days in shorts and T-shirt!

I felt it incumbent upon myself to draw her attention to the attached Daily Mash article, which sets out the well known Law of the Thermostat.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...ve-relationship-with-thermostat-2014100891473

Never were truer words spoken!:)

D

Deleted member 2719

No............ but we do live in the Mediterranean climate of Chichester.:cool:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Had it on a couple of times to warm the house through but have turned it off again.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd be happy to wear a jumper but Mrs Not Andy Naylor doesn't seem to regard that as an option and insists on the heating going on. Just a couple of hours in the morning and evening at the moment though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still off and the heating is still only on the frost protection setting so will only kick in at 7 degrees or lower.

I have already made the put a jumper on comment to Mrs Giraffe. I foresee a good couple of weeks of resistance on my part before finally giving in to maybe a little use of the log burner, and then eventually the heating.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I have already made the put a jumper on comment to Mrs Giraffe.......

? 11281078-1254414089135477.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports