Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Have You Ever Seen The Queen?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, and have taken a photograph of her - went up to watch the trooping of the colour (well, to watch the parade going down the Mall towards Horseguards) back in the days when Her Maj used to ride there on horseback.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I was at the Windsor horse show thingy a couple of weeks ago that she attended. I did think that’s probably the last time I’ll see her other than on the TV.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1962 when she visited St Dunstans, Rottingdean.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
She visited Harvey’s Brewery a few years ago and she breezed past us in her Bentley.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
1980 in Brighton. Went past in the Royal car. I think I was down opposite the Pavilion. May have been a school outing. Vague memory.

You have just reminded me, I was working in Queens Road when she visited Brighton in 1980. We were allowed to leave our desks for a few minutes to go outside to see her go by.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Late 60s when she and Prince Philip were at Hove greyhound stadium some celebration of his award scheme, they were in an open top Land Rover and I was in the multitude that were doing his awards

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Met her on a few occasions, along with the Queen mum, Lady Di, Charles etc.

Growing up in the late 80s / early 90s my auntie lived in King’s Lynn, and every year we would spend New Year’s with them there. 15 minutes from King’s Lynn is Sandringham, where the royal family would themselves stay during that period. On New Year’s Day we would always go to Sandringham to see them make their regular public appearance, and the nippers like me were allowed to go up and give them flowers. There are photos of me, about 5 years old, chatting away to Lady Di.

I can honestly say though, I hated every flipping second of it, standing for hours in the cold waiting for them to come out. It would be the most boring day for an infant schooler like me at the time, and I dreaded it every year. Being so young, I had absolutely zero idea as to the significance of who these people were. Don’t get me wrong, I knew who they were, just not the scale of their fame and symbolism.

Great story now though! Thank your parents for that, what many would give to meet Di today I wonder. A proper fairy tale Princess, not some straight to TV movie ‘star’ with dollar bills for eyes.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was at the Windsor horse show thingy a couple of weeks ago that she attended. I did think that’s probably the last time I’ll see her other than on the TV.

Rather good wasn’t it? Though I attended the Thursday night show so our Royals were rather less A list. You got the real McCoy. You also got Helen Mirren, where’s we had…can’t even remember now!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Rather good wasn’t it? Though I attended the Thursday night show so our Royals were rather less A list. You got the real McCoy. You also got Helen Mirren, where’s we had…can’t even remember now!

It was great. I watched it back on ITV and it didn’t remotely do it justice compared to being there. I really enjoyed it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes. I met her when i showed her round a new facility in Scotland that the company I was running had built and that she was ‘opening’. She was extremely well briefed, showed real interest in what was going on, and asked perceptive & probing questions. I was very impressed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was great. I watched it back on ITV and it didn’t remotely do it justice compared to being there. I really enjoyed it.

Yes, I love that sort of thing anyway but it was my first visit and hopefully not my last. A splendid evening out, our armed forces always make me proud to be British.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here