Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Have You Ever Seen The Queen?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We were right behind the Royal Yacht at Whale Island on HMS Ulster/Rame Head and the skipper was permanently pissed and no matter what trade you were you did duty QM
And when she sailed you would have to Piper her.
We were basically a bunch of pirates so God knows what she thought of us

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wordle 349 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That’s three days in a row I’ve done it in about a minute or less. Lucky.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wordle 349 4/6

��⬜⬜��⬜
⬜⬜������
⬜��������
����������

Wrong thread?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Wordle 349 4/6

��⬜⬜��⬜
⬜⬜������
⬜��������
����������

Was the answer Queen, or Royal??

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wrong thread? I thought the Queen might be interested…

…….oh alright then - wrong thread…

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Anybody else struggle to say the thread title not in football song mode?

East London Exile

Jan 13, 2013
London
She came to UCL to open something or other. The royal car reversed into a bollard right in front of me whilst leaving the quadrangle. Lucky it was there really. All forgiven now though.

I was there too! Remember the reversing incident clearly.

I have seen HMQ at a Buckingham Palace Garden Party and a service at St Paul’s for the Cathedral’s 300th anniversary.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Hang on, do you mean THE Queen, or A queen? If you mean the latter then St.James' Street is crawling with them...

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Back in July 1993, the Gulls Eye team had our annual outing to Ascot, god knows how Mr Kennard and I ended up in Corporate Hospitality, had a few, went to the Winners Enclosure to congratulate Sheik Mohammed and Opera House, turned round there she was standing in front of me, protocol went out of the window and I shook her hand, all captured on the BBC Grandstand Cameras.

Unfortunately a media shit storm followed, but I wrote Dear Old Liz a letter of apology and she wrote back, via her equerry, from the Royal Yacht Britannia, opening up with “Her Majesty the Queen was touched by the time and trouble you took to write to her to apologise” ❤️

Clearly shouldn’t have done it but glad I did.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Back in July 1993, the Gulls Eye team had our annual outing to Ascot, god knows how Mr Kennard and I ended up in Corporate Hospitality, had a few, went to the Winners Enclosure to congratulate Sheik Mohammed and Opera House, turned round there she was standing in front of me, protocol went out of the window and I shook her hand, all captured on the BBC Grandstand Cameras.

Unfortunately a media shit storm followed, but I wrote Dear Old Liz a letter of apology and she wrote back, via her equerry, from the Royal Yacht Britannia, opening up with “Her Majesty the Queen was touched by the time and trouble you took to write to her to apologise” ❤️

Clearly shouldn’t have done it but glad I did.

Bloody Name Dropper, Her Maj only asked me if I had had to come very far to be at Buck House... :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here